Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN 10TH gen cpu everybody said that Core voltage and Cache voltage is 1:1 all the same

I make a hypothesis

if one LN2 extreme oc guy uses 10900k to oc 7G he set 1.6v to core , the cache/ring will be also at 1.6v? cache 1.6v?

·
Registered
571 Posts
You've made at least 6 separate posts between OCN and reddit asking the same question, and it has been answered more than 6 times...

• Rep+
Reactions: babycomingsh

·
Facepalm
9,883 Posts
I really need help and i really wanna to know about cache/ring voltage : core voltage=1:1 or not?
No one is going to help you because you're being annoying.

• Rep+
Reactions: unclewebb

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
The answer to your question is yes, the ring bus will be getting 1.6v and the answer is no, it will not be 1:1 because the cache will require more voltage to achieve 1:1.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The answer to your question is yes, the ring bus will be getting 1.6v and the answer is no, it will not be 1:1 because the cache will require more voltage to achieve 1:1.
THX for ur reply , but dont understand ,what do you mean????Is it yes or no???“ it will not be 1:1 because the cache will require more voltage to achieve 1:1“???

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
THX for ur reply , but dont understand ,what do you mean????Is it yes or no???“ it will not be 1:1 because the cache will require more voltage to achieve 1:1“???
Yes.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
but u said"it will not be 1:1 because the cache will require more voltage to achieve 1:1" ?what does this sentence mean?
It means that 1.6v might be enough to run your unrealistic 7GHz, but will not be enough juice for the cache to run 1:1, would probably need MOAR.

If you don't have the slightest idea what I am talking about, it means you have never set a manual OC in your life.

*Edit, I forgot this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It means that 1.6v might be enough to run your unrealistic 7GHz, but will not be enough juice for the cache to run 1:1, would probably need MOAR.

If you don't have the slightest idea what I am talking about, it means you have never set a manual OC in your life.
I don't mean cache also at 7G ,I mean: if someone OC core 7G,he set 1.6v to core,is it cache also will get 1.6v on it??? That's what I mean

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
What exactly did you think 1:1 meant? LOL I needed this laugh, thank you!

If you are running 7G Core and your cache is @ 1:1, then it is also at 7G @1.6v.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

If you are running 7G Core and your cache is @ 1:1, then it is also at 7G.
cache/ring voltage and core voltage was bound together just like everybody said .my 1:1 means the relationship between them

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

If you are running 7G Core and your cache is @ 1:1, then it is also at 7G @1.6v.
i mean if u set X volt to core, will cache also get X volt???
if u set 1.6v to core, will cache also get 1.6V??

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
i mean if u set X volt to core, will cache also get X volt???
if u set 1.6v to core, will cache also get 1.6V??
Yes. At least to my X399 and Z390 knowledge. May have changed in newer chipset versions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. At least to my X399 and Z390 knowledge. May have changed in newer chipset versions.
my 1:1 only talk about the voltage value relationship between cache/ring and core, i just make it comfirm to created this thread, bro~~~~~

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
my 1:1 only talk about the voltage value relationship between cache/ring and core, i just make it comfirm to created this thread, bro~~~~~
Iv'e had fun talking with you today. It almost feels like we are connected on a platonic level, you know?

• Rep+
Reactions: bscool
1 - 20 of 32 Posts