Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started running Seti @ Home on my computer again, and at full load of 100% it brought the CPU to a steady temperature of 52 degrees celcius. After a few hours, when i ran seti still at 100% cpu load, the temperature maxed out at a steady 50 and has continued to drop all the way to 45 degrees. There is no problem here, I am just very curious to what could be causing this? WMI still claims that seti is eating up 100% the the cpu load, but the load temperature continued to drop all the way to 45 degrees celcius.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zzachattack2

I started running Seti @ Home on my computer again, and at full load of 100% it brought the CPU to a steady temperature of 52 degrees celcius. After a few hours, when i ran seti still at 100% cpu load, the temperature maxed out at a steady 50 and has continued to drop all the way to 45 degrees. There is no problem here, I am just very curious to what could be causing this? WMI still claims that seti is eating up 100% the the cpu load, but the load temperature continued to drop all the way to 45 degrees celcius.

Hmmm, what did you case temps and such do? Did your fans start working any harder, cause I know my mobo has an option that turns them on full once the CPU reaches 50C. Maybe the room cooled down a lot, open window or something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts