Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm sure you've seen (and are sick of by now) my petty little problems here in the workforce.

But here's another:

A user logged out on Friday (and users here RARELY ever log out) and now she's trying to log back into her desktop. Typically, the only reason we use our actual local desktop is for local software which is already installed, but it's nice to have our shortcuts. We usually immediately connect remotely.

Anyways, she doesn't seem to know with 100% certainty what her username and password are. Since it's locally, I'm not quite sure how to let her in. I check lusrmgr and there's only a few accounts, none of which seem to be her. I asked her if she has ever logged in using those names and she was sure she didn't.

Anyone know what I should do?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
If she logged in with anything besides a roaming profile, then there should be a corresponding folder.

Regardless, give her a broken typewriter and say the computers are for the big girls that can read and write already.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Christian: Yes.

@rmp: She may have used a roaming profile on the server. Could that have been the issue here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts