Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm running my q9550 at 3966 (466FSB) and am 24hr prime stable Linx/IBT both pass @ 51 GFLOPS consistently.... but when I try to transfer something from my storage drive to my RAID or the other way.... it locks up.... just hangs... and I have to reset

settings are:
vcore 1.392
vtt 1.36
pll 1.58
vdimm 1.79
SPP (NB) 1.56
MCP (SB) 1.65
all gtl refs on auto

oh and a side note cooling is NOT an issue IBT/Linx maxed out at 66c (20 runs on high) prime at 50c I'm running a mcp655b pump mcp320 res and Apogee GTZ block and the stock NB block
everything stays nice and cool.... so what can I do....?

everything is from my sig rig.... but just to make sure it's known
cpu: Q9550
Board: Asus Striker II Extreme
RAM: OCZ Platinum 1600 7-7-7-21 1T
PSU Corsair TX850
HDDs: 2x WD Caviar Black 640GB in RAID 0 1x WD Caviar Blue 1TB
GPUs: 2x GTX260 216sp (XFX) don't know why they'd factor in though

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
Are you using any sort of raid card? If your using onboard raid, is it software/hardware
Should have specified using the onboard Nforce? (they still call it that?) controller not the jmicron

I'm not understanding the question of hardware or software....?
The raid was just set up by setting my first to sata ports to raid in the bios....

I'm not running any special software and for the file transfers I'm using windows copy/paste and it did do it when I was un-raring a file from storage to raid

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristanguy1224 View Post
Should have specified using the onboard Nforce? (they still call it that?) controller not the jmicron

I'm not understanding the question of hardware or software....?
The raid was just set up by setting my first to sata ports to raid in the bios....

I'm not running any special software and for the file transfers I'm using windows copy/paste and it did do it when I was un-raring a file from storage to raid
Its Nforce.
I do believe that is hardware raid,
try reverting back to stock and seeing if it happens.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it doesn't happen even at my normal OC of 3400

I am running fsb and ram unlinked though (usually linked/synched) 1866fsb 1600ram
the ram will do 1866 albeit at 9-9-9-27 but if I link and synch fsb and ram that high I get data corruption.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts