Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guy,

I have a Barton 2500 that I think it's locked. I've done some readings and I know that most post week 39 is "superlocked". Tweaking with the L3 bridge doesnt work. However, there is also another site saying that you could tweak the L5 bridge and turn it into a 2500-XP mobile. Then you can mess around with the multi. Is it true? Can somebody confirm it for me?

Also, does the post week 39 locked Barton applies to only the 2500 or all the barton core line? 'cuz I have another 2600 chip as well.

Also2, if unlocking is not possible, how fast can a locked Barton 2500 go? I have a Abit NF7-S v.2.0 mobo, and a pair of Corsair twinx1024 PC3200 XLPT cas2, 2-2-5 on the way. I heard that this RAM is overclockable to 500mhz range with loser timing. Can my setup handle it?

Thanks!

Corsair Twinx1024 PC3200XLPT--in mailing process
WD 80GB/8MB
Lite-On 52x32x52 CD-RW
Asus 9600XT 128MB
Creative Live!Value
Cambridge Soundworks FPS2000 Digital
Raidmax Cobra822 w/420w
stock HSF w/3fans

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Depending on your board, the FHS quality, your RAM and the voltage setting you use for your RAM and CPU may see a 210+ FSB with air cooling. Anything beyond 210 will ofcourse take some time and small steps up on the FSB to get more out of it.
FYI, loose the Elixer when you get that good stuff and get a good FHS and have at it !!! If you want a good inexpensive FSH, I use a Thermaltake Volcano 12 and I can get 2600+ actuall out of 2600m and the fan only runs about 4600RPM and not very loud at that speed. There are better FHS out ther but they are a bunch more money.
You MUST get a good FHS, the stock unit will get you in trouble quick!!!! Keep your temps under load below 55c and preferably not over 50c.

• Rep+
Reactions: uomomoschino

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think ive got a locked barton 2500+ too, i dont know which week it was made and it might be my mobo thats locking it out

can you tell from this? what do i need to do to unlock the multiplier? how high can the multiplier go and what limits it from going to like 20 times rather than just 11 times/?

im noo at all this ;]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychicken

i think ive got a locked barton 2500+ too, i dont know which week it was made and it might be my mobo thats locking it out

can you tell from this? what do i need to do to unlock the multiplier? how high can the multiplier go and what limits it from going to like 20 times rather than just 11 times/?

im noo at all this ;]

Sorry man, I am new to overclocking too. But I did some readings off the net and I found out that locked barton are "superlocked", meaning we can't connect/disconnect the L-bridges. (Even if we do, it wont change anything)You have to look an the sticker on your CPU to find the full code printed on it to determine the week it was made. I guess o/c multi isnt possible for our locked barton, so that only leaves us FSB. By the way, what mobo and RAM you use? Your 2327mhz, is that the highest,stable speed you can get? 'Cuz I have just waiting for my new ram and what to know how fast can a locked barton go. Otherwise, I will consider getting a 2500+M. It is not locked and o/c like crazy.

Corsair Twinx1024 PC3200XLPT--due in 4 days
WD 80GB/8MB
Lite-On 52x32x52 CD-RW
Asus 9600XT 128MB
Creative Live!Value
Cambridge Soundworks FPS2000 Digital
Thermaltake Volcano 12 HSF
Raidmax Cobra822 w/420W w/6 case fans

·
Registered
698 Posts
well turning it into a moble would unlock the multiplier but it takes more tweaking than that. I totally agree with the suggestion of a better HSF. SI-97...thats all I have to say about that.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Crazy... the only way to find the date is to remove the FHS and read the sticky to compare your production date.
Get a good FHS and work the FSB

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hi Crash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts