Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have searched high and low for the answer to this question. I've spent round about 2 hours now. I am running AMD's Athlon 64 3800+ "Venice" processor with Pheonix Award BIOS. I am attempting to overclock the CPU, but when i enter the BIOS the "CPU Speed" is the only available thing and it is greyed out. No multiplyer or Bus speed that i can see... Any help?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Either the MB has no options or you have to change something from Auto to the likes of User or spmething.
System Specs can be added via the USER CP at the top of the page

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
You need to provide your motherboard model. Pheonix Award BIOS is used on many many motherboards, and the basic Pheonix Award BIOS program is customized by the manufacturer to reflect the settings they want, so two motherboards with Pheonix Award BIOS can have completely differant settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmk, this is what i got (i hope i put the right stuff down):

On a Compaq Presario SR1930Z

Motherboard
---------------
Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.
Model: NAGAMI2 v2.00
Chipset: GeForce6150

BIOS
------
Brand: Pheonix Technologies, LTD
Version: 3.10

Memory
----------
1024 MB DDR Dual Channel

CPU
------
Name: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ ("Venice") 939 Socket
Current Core Speed: ~2407/2408 MHz
Multiplier: x12/0
Bus Speed: 200.7 MHz

Thanks!

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
It's actually an Asus board with 6150 chipset but all the possible tweaking options have been taken out of the bios. You might be able to flash it with a real Asus bios but I would NOT recommend it! It might not boot again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well dang. think i can overclock the memory? i assume the "video card" (onboard) is out of the question then too which is fine cause i am gonna invest in a new one haha (a new video card)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts