Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some reason my G Pro and G403 don't work well my Icemat v2 Blue and Func F-Series 10. I was settings my sens in another game so was measuring my 360/cm and noticed my logitech mice are inconsistent, doing a 360 slowly I get the expected movement for the sens/dpi but swiping (not even that fast) I lose about 30-40 dpi. I've tried the ec2-a and chroma with both these pads and they land in pretty much the same spot no matter how slow or fast I move them.

I've tried surface tuning, different polling rates and dpi, none of this helped. Any ideas? G Pro seems to work fine with QCK but I really don't want to use a cloth pad.

https://streamable.com/mt3nw

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I were to guess, I'd say the LOD is just too low on that sensor. A better bet would be the HERO sensor, which works great on hard pads including glass.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to guess, I'd say the LOD is just too low on that sensor. A better bet would be the HERO sensor, which works great on hard pads including glass.
LOD actually isn't that low on the icemat with default surface tuning. Not really a huge fan of the G Pro shape anyway so not going to bother buying the G203 even if it works better on my pads, just thought the 3366 was better than the 3310 in every way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump... Could someone with a hard pad and any mouse with 3360 or hero sensor test to see if they have the issue?

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Bump... Could someone with a hard pad and any mouse with 3360 or hero sensor test to see if they have the issue?
Have Razer Manticor, 3366 and HERO mice work just fine on it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
would like to know the reason why low LOD is the problem & what does HERO sensor have that makes it work better than a 3366 with hard pads?

would surface tuning on the 3366 help with the icemat?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would like to know the reason why low LOD is the problem & what does HERO sensor have that makes it work better than a 3366 with hard pads?

would surface tuning on the 3366 help with the icemat?
I tried tuning a few times at various speeds and it didn't help, also have the same issue with black plastic pads (Func 1030L and Func F-Series 10).

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
My G Pro mouse works as expected with the G440 hard mat. I'm no mouse expert, so you'd have to tell me how to test the DPI in various scenarios.

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
My G Pro mouse works as expected with the G440 hard mat. I'm no mouse expert, so you'd have to tell me how to test the DPI in various scenarios.
For the problem that's explained in the opening post of this thread, you could experiment in a first-person-shooter game. You would aim at something in the game, then you would do a fast swipe across your mouse pad, and afterwards a slow move back to where your hand started out before the swipe. Check if inside the game you end up aiming at the exact same spot or not.

To be really concrete about what you would do:

Inside the game, you would first look for a spot that's easy to find again, like the corner of a wall. Now position your mouse close to the edge of your mouse pad, and go aim the crosshair at that corner in the game. Mark the spot where your mouse is currently on the mousepad with a pen or something. Now do a fast swipe across the whole length of your mousepad. Afterwards return to the starting position very slowly.

If the sensor works perfect, the crosshair should end up back at the exact same corner inside the game. The 3366 sensor is normally really good at this kind of test. You normally end up aiming at nearly the same pixel after moving your hand back.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the problem that's explained in the opening post of this thread, you could experiment in a first-person-shooter game. You would aim at something in the game, then you would do a fast swipe across your mouse pad, and afterwards a slow move back to where your hand started out before the swipe. Check if inside the game you end up aiming at the exact same spot or not.

To be really concrete about what you would do:

Inside the game, you would first look for a spot that's easy to find again, like the corner of a wall. Now position your mouse close to the edge of your mouse pad, and go aim the crosshair at that corner in the game. Mark the spot where your mouse is currently on the mousepad with a pen or something. Now do a fast swipe across the whole length of your mousepad. Afterwards return to the starting position very slowly.

If the sensor works perfect, the crosshair should end up back at the exact same corner inside the game. The 3366 sensor is normally really good at this kind of test. You normally end up aiming at nearly the same pixel after moving your hand back.
Yh this pretty much. I start again in the same position and see if it lands in the same place rather than moving mouse back to same spot.

I've uploaded a video showing the problem and how I test. First half is the G Pro, second is FK1.
https://streamable.com/mt3nw

·
Registered
29 Posts
Exit Logitech Gaming Software (right click on tray icon and exit). Then edit surface tunning profile manually. Go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\settings.json
(Hidden files and folders must be set as visible in system settings, else you will not see AppData folder)

Find one of your existing profile in settings.json structure and change values to:
"ledDrive" : 1,
"minSqual" : 1,
"name" : "YourCustomProfile",
"pixelThreshold" : 1,

Start Logitech Gaming Software and apply this new profile. Tell me if it helped.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exit Logitech Gaming Software (right click on tray icon and exit). Then edit surface tunning profile manually. Go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\settings.json
(Hidden files and folders must be set as visible in system settings, else you will not see AppData folder)

Find one of your existing profile in settings.json structure and change values to:
"ledDrive" : 1,
"minSqual" : 1,
"name" : "YourCustomProfile",
"pixelThreshold" : 1,

Start Logitech Gaming Software and apply this new profile. Tell me if it helped.
Tried your settings and it didn't help. Just gonna stick with FK1 now, might try another 3360 mouse if I come across a good deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts