Overclock.net banner

7121 - 7138 of 7138 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why is this mice so pricey even for used ones? did it sold that badly? Isn't the g203/102 the same shape?
i believe its because of shroud... :-D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Why is this mice so pricey even for used ones? did it sold that badly? Isn't the g203/102 the same shape?
They are not the same shape. It being discontinued is a big part of that. Some feel that since shroud uses it that helps the price hike you see.

·
discontent laypleb
422 Posts
Is anyone's G303 ridiculously unstable, rocking back and forth, side to side etc? Even though i can grip the shape well my mouse is just unusable because of this instability (plus it seems to tip backwards when I use it). Somehow went down the road of sanding it down to flatten the base which just seemed to worsen the issue. If anyone has the bottom shell of a G303 that would be willing to sell me I'd appreciate it a lot. I tried modifying a G302 shell for it to fit, but alas the sensor sits a little too high in the shell (even with some sanding where the lens sits)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Is anyone's G303 ridiculously unstable, rocking back and forth, side to side etc? Even though i can grip the shape well my mouse is just unusable because of this instability (plus it seems to tip backwards when I use it). Somehow went down the road of sanding it down to flatten the base which just seemed to worsen the issue. If anyone has the bottom shell of a G303 that would be willing to sell me I'd appreciate it a lot. I tried modifying a G302 shell for it to fit, but alas the sensor sits a little too high in the shell (even with some sanding where the lens sits)
My earlier version did.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone still maybe selling their G303 ? would love to buy, as the one i use has started having double clicking issues... :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone still maybe selling their G303 ? would love to buy, as the one i use has started having double clicking issues... :(
Thank God, I've stocked up these badboys, Now I have 4.
But yes, you just have to take it apart and solder in a pair of new switches. Or find someone locally who can do it for you (it's better if you've never soldered before, you can destroy the pcb).

·
Registered
574 Posts
Whats so special about the G303? Read beginning and End of thread but nothing there.
Comes down to its unique shape - a lot of people disliked it because of the pointy rear design but for those who did like it, the G303 basically became endgame.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks are you 303 worshippers palm players then an dthe v-shape fits the palm so nicely? Should matter to a claw gripper?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Personally I have moved on long time ago, but back then I kinda liked it for my claw grip.
Claw doesn't mean your palm doesn't have contact with the mouse rear end but just that your hand is arched over the mouse, so your knuckles (and fingers outside of the tips) don't have contact.
Palm you completely lay your hand on the mouse shell and have contact from your palm all the way through your finger tips.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whats so special about the G303? Read beginning and End of thread but nothing there.
I think it's shape is almost as legendary as the G100s or mx518. Plus Logitech uses the same spring tension system on all of their mice but it's still the best on the 303.
All of this is my personal opinion/experience of course.

·
Capsaicin Addict
669 Posts
Thanks are you 303 worshippers palm players then an dthe v-shape fits the palm so nicely? Should matter to a claw gripper?
The g303 is probably the only mouse that can't be comfortably palmed regardless of handsize. Its a true clawgrip mouse for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the G303 for some time as a palm gripper and the buttons being open to the sides were my turn off, not the shape. I could use it very fine except for the buttons.

I purchased it as soon as it was lauched to try the new sensor at the time. Very good mouse and in my opinion the best product of that logitech generation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use a fingertip/claw hybird grip, and the shape is just perfect for that. My ring finger isn't forced too far out and my pinky too in.

7121 - 7138 of 7138 Posts