Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 694 Posts

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Why G305 and not G103 or something. Why does Logitech DO DIS.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sigh. 99g (assuming without battery?) and no built-in battery. What a missed opportunity. Get the weight down to 90-95g with an internal battery and then we'll talk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Logitech G403 - 87,3 g
Logitech G603 - 88,9 g only mouse

Logitech G Pro - 83 g
Logitech G305 - 99g?

g305 and g603 use the same technology, so it would be pretty high for mouse only.
but 99g with 1AA batterie is too light. then mouse only would be like 76g.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was really excited until 99g and AA battery. Seems to me wireless, "battery-less" technology like Razer's Hyperflux are the way forward for light wireless gaming mice. However, probably the only way to reach the suggested price was to go the route they did.

Here's to hoping 99g is estimated weight with battery. That way you could at least use a AA-AAA converter and get down to ~90g.

EDIT: 99g surely must be with battery.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Could the G304 be a version with an internal capacitor like Razer's?

Either way I am beyond stoked. I can't wait to preorder these.

EDIT: 99g surely must be with battery.
No doubt with the heavy Alkaline AA too. With a lithium-ion AA or AAA it'll be even lighter.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,578 Posts
Could the G304 be a version with an internal capacitor like Razer's?

Either way I am beyond stoked. I can't wait to preorder these.

No doubt with the heavy Alkaline AA too. With a lithium-ion AA or AAA it'll be even lighter.
Same here and I shall be using Lithium-ion batts, expensive but worth the "Lightness" for the minions.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
This was what I actually wanted to try out, but didn't think they'd take the route of the G603 with a removable battery--I wonder if we can hope for a an actual G Pro wireless still :(.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I guess Logitech is fully focused on the casual gamer crowd now. G Pro/G102/G203 is already heavier than it should be for the size now they add an AA battery.

edit: I take some of that criticism back after seeing the weight with different battery options. Still has more of a lower budget feature set like the G603 rather than the G703. A true wireless G Pro should have 3366, 20m or 50m switches, rechargeable battery, Power Play compatible, and RGB - without weighing more than 85g.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I guess Logitech is fully focused on the casual gamer crowd now. G Pro/G102/G203 is already heavier than it should be for the size now they add an AA battery.
If they include a AA alkaline battery in the weight - 99g - 23g Alkaline battery.

This means the mouse is 76g without any battery.

76g + AA 15g Lithium-ion = 91g

76g + AAA 7g Lithium-ion = 83g

Here's to hoping they calculated for Alkaline like they did with the G603.

·
Registered
646 Posts
One Alkaline battery. He says in the video you can lower the weight by 9 grams using Lithium-ion.

I am so hyped!
Huh... Well that changes things. I figured the 99g was pre-battery. 90g with a lithium-ion is pretty nuts. I'm a noob when it comes to batteries - are there rechargeable lithium-ion ones that retain the same light weight?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Huh... Well that changes things. I figured the 99g was pre-battery. 90g with a lithium-ion is pretty nuts. I'm a noob when it comes to batteries - are there rechargeable lithium-ion ones that retain the same light weight?
My dude, 83ish grams with AAA li-ion. I think the rechargeable ones are way heavier.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dude, 83ish grams with AAA li-ion. I think the rechargeable ones are way heavier.
But its AA not AAA unless you know of some ultralight AAA to AA converter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
But its AA not AAA unless you know of some ultralight AAA to AA converter.
The AAA to AA shells are 3g. Tinfoil is even lighter lol.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I see logitech is going the Steelseries route, garbage everything on lower tier mice.

Also, why even care about this. A paracord already makes the mouse feel wireless.
And the G pro is better everything vs this.

Hard pass.

1 - 20 of 694 Posts