Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Logitech G35. It was a MAJOR step up from my stereo headphones... Until very recently. When I noticed a few things with my headset. Do the Logitech G35's/G930's have real 7.1 audio? As in the number of channels/drivers needed to make it 7.1? Because there's this button on the side I slide up and down. And even if something is stereo it sorta. Spreads it out to mimic surround sound? I realize I probably have no idea what I'm talking about but basically what I'm trying to say is. I'm planning to purchase a new headset sooner or later this year, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this headset/the wireless version. But I am having doubts about the sound/inner workings of the headset.
confused.gif

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
G35/G930s are stereo headsets that use Dolby Headphones technology to emulate surround sound. The switch on the side toggles DH on or off. The same technology can be utilized by any stereo headphones with an ASUS Xonar card (even the cheap Xonar DG). Some people like virtual surround, some like stereo. Whatever the case, you should feel good knowing that virtual surround is always much much better than "real surround" headsets. Ideally, if you had come here asking earlier, I'd recommend a separate mic/headphones combo with a Xonar DG, but since you already got a G35/G930, don't worry too much about it. They're not the best, but as far as gaming phones go they're solid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts