Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very long time ago I purchased the Logitech MX518 and loved it. Eventually I upgraded to the G400, since it is the same design but upgraded, and now I need to replace it since it doing double clicks. I would like to know what is the upgraded version of the G400. I would like to only stick to this design since it is the design that I have loved for over a decade. I like to stick to logitech brand, but if there is another good mice out there with the same feel, then I will look at that brand. FYI, I still have my old MX518, only issue with it is that the right click sometimes does not work.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest666x View Post

A very long time ago I purchased the Logitech MX518 and loved it. Eventually I upgraded to the G400, since it is the same design but upgraded, and now I need to replace it since it doing double clicks. I would like to know what is the upgraded version of the G400. I would like to only stick to this design since it is the design that I have loved for over a decade. I like to stick to logitech brand, but if there is another good mice out there with the same feel, then I will look at that brand. FYI, I still have my old MX518, only issue with it is that the right click sometimes does not work.
There is no replacement for the shape. You'd have to take it apart to fix the double click if that's what you wanted. G402 / 502 were close but no cigar.

·
Mostly a lurker
97 Posts
Logitech G403/703 may be what you're looking for.

·
Mouse addict
779 Posts
G400s

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterboxd3 View Post

There is no replacement for the shape. You'd have to take it apart to fix the double click if that's what you wanted. G402 / 502 were close but no cigar.
I have looked at that. What specific type of switch would I need, as I don't not mind opening and soldering in a new switch.

·
Mouse addict
779 Posts
Quote:

They discontinued that one as well.
Yeah but it's still somewhat readily available.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ah, I love the G400/G400s/MX518/MX510 shape too. The best shape and best built mouse there is. Sadly, there's no mouse like it. You'll have to stock up on G400/G400s.

I bought a lot of 5 G400s from eBay, and bought a lot of G400's too. Really, best shape there is.

You can also check the Roccat Kone Pure. It's almost identical to the G400, but smaller, if you like smaller shapes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

u dont need to replace a mouse cuz of doubleclick.

replacement switches are only 1-2 bucks. if u got a soldering gun and a screwdriver ur good to go.
What specific switch would I need? I would like to buy a few, that way I can also fix my 518.

·
Clown cursor
306 Posts
Quote:

What specific switch would I need? I would like to buy a few, that way I can also fix my 518.
The best are Omron D2F-01F or Omron D2FC-F-K (50m).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1hka View Post

The best are Omron D2F-01F or Omron D2FC-F-K (50m).
I saw that the G400 uses Omron D2FC-F-7N, would I need to buy these, or can I use the ones you suggested? Also which of the two you mentioned are better, because both are for the same price.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:

I saw that the G400 uses Omron D2FC-F-7N, would I need to buy these, or can I use the ones you suggested? Also which of the two you mentioned are better, because both are for the same price.
You can use any model.

The one he suggested has a better lifespan, so you might want those.

There are also models with lighter clicks, louder clicks, etc.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Quote:

You can fix without new switches. Just open mouse, open switch and clean metal spring. 80% - that helps you

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Intrigued, I ask what is the difference?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post

Have backup switches for this though, in case you break it.
I already bought a set of Omron D2FC-F-K (50m), I would rather replace them than to fix them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts