Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Windows Lobbyist
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm looking to buy a new mouse because my old Logitech G5 is a big rusty and used up. The MX Master 2S appeals to me to a great extent but I don't know if it is good enough for gaming and does not look like crap / is "elegant". I'm a casual gamer, I mostly play Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Battlefield. Can the Master 2S handle these or should I look into something more like the G603? I could get either of these for nearly the same price. I'm open to more suggestions, too. Being wireless or wired is not a deal braker for me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
The Logitech wireless mice for office use that I have seen were really, really, really terrible. For myself they were too annoying to use on the desktop. They were not just bad for games. It was hard trying to target small stuff, like for example trying to select text. I don't know how to best describe what was going on with those mice. Something wasn't working right and the mouse pointer movements weren't fully connected to what I was doing with my hand.

This was a while ago, so maybe Logitech changed their office wireless stuff by now and their newest office mice are better? But I remember that I've seen someone post this year about being annoyed with a "Master" mouse, so the problem could still be there.

About Logitech's gaming wireless stuff, I'm using a G305 right now. This is the same wireless and sensor hardware as in the G603. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it that I can see.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do NOT get the MX Master for gaming... sensor is not meant for gaming and as a result sucks very badly at it. Tons of skipping and all sorts of problems. They are absolutely great for office use but not good in the slightest for games... unless your idea of playing games is chess/checkers on those random online websites :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nixeus was teasing a G5 / MX518 clone with a 3360 sensor a few days ago. No idea how much time you have, but if you love the shape there's not much like it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Of the two, the G603.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts