Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was recently going around looking for a new mouse online. I was wandering if the Logitech MX518 is worth $35 (free postage) and is well suited for me.
I usually play higher sensitivity
I play on 1440x900 atm
I game claw grip, I do everything else with palm
I use a cloth mousepad.
Thanks in advanced for the help!

·
Registered
456 Posts
The mx518 is more of a palm grip mouse, but nevertheless has a great feel to it.

Try the G9x for a claw grip.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErOR
View Post

Sorry, I don't want to hijack your thread but are these great for fps gaming?

Yes. These mice were designed with fps (or even rts?) gaming in mind.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
had this one for 2 years but my old one that my friend now has i had for 5 years so his is running 7 years strong
if mine ever dies ill probably get another one

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Very good mouse technically, be aware of prediction/anlge snapping that build in the sensor and cannot be turn off.
Also, Be aware of the glossy top, as glossy-hater, any glossy part of the mouse that the can touched just make it a deal-breaker for me.

If you dont mind prediction but mind glossy, I would highly recommeded you to get the new G400 (reband Mx518)- same sensor/performs with 1000 polling rate [the mx518 have 125Hz-8ms], and the buttons switchs, scrollwheel and weight are pretty much the same on both mice.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldcrow
View Post

Looking at the MX518 and the G400 as well since the newly bought A4tech X7 710BH is very uncomfortable to use. Just a quick question, is the G400 worth it being double the price of the MX518 1800dpi? I can get the MX518 now for around $30.

I would get the G400 - shape metrials are same important as sensor, in most case - you cant "frag" well or use the mouse for long hours of gameplay when you have hard time with its metrials,in mx518 case - glossy top, But its kinda personal..theres people who dont mind and its dont really effect them..if you like them - then I think the Mx518 will be fine for you

The G400 offers also more flexible and thinner cable and 1000hz [you can set it to 500hz with the program of it] by stock, unlike the Mx518 - 125hz stock.

IMHO, the G400 is one step above for the MX series, it worth its price..Logitech made an "modren Mx518"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.