Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I hook up a Logitech X-530 (70W) to a 5.1 reciver? My dad's friend makes speakers so we should have all the tools we need.

·
Registered
679 Posts
the speaker connectors on you logitech system have littl 1/8" connectors, not the banana or regular posting wires of a regular stand alone amplifier

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomasro

the speaker connectors on you logitech system have littl 1/8" connectors, not the banana or regular posting wires of a regular stand alone amplifier

Can't I just cut them off and strip away the wiring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes you can. Just make sure you do it right! Or if you look around, you can get adapters to convert your 3.5mm jacks into the phono male connectors your 5.1 system will (likely) use. I also own a x 530 set and I would recomend them to anyone.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh

So the X-530 is the same as regular speakers right?

For the most part speakers are speakers, the wattage from a decent receiver is usually more than 70w so be careful you dont turn your stuff up too loud. Or you can say bye bye.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
No!!! You can't just hook it up to the regular speaker output because those put out high wattage designed to power speakers. Since your logitechs are designed to take the signial from a sound card and amplify that... if you hook them to an amp it will likely blow them out instantly. The only way it could work is if your receiver had a line out, which is designed to put out a low power signial and let the speakers amplify it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts