Overclock.net banner

Logitech Z-5500 hissing.

1724 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Bad_Dude
My Logitech Z-5500 produces pretty loud hissing noise sound when there's no music playing. When the music is playing, it overcomes the hissing. There's no static or popping noise.
Does any one knows what is wrong? I have exchanged out 3 systems so I am thinking it's the way the system is.
I use 6 ch direct analog connection. I do not use the digital nor the coaxial inputs. I am using 14 Gauge oxygen free speaker wires.

Would noise filters help? I have turn my sound card volume down and use more of the speakers volume and no help there.
My sound card is Creative X-FI Xtreme Music mod with the oamp chips. I replaced all 3 chips out. Sounds much better with music.

Thanks,
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Heard of the HIS iClear, looks like it could help.

Try plugging the speakers into the motherboad output and see if the problem persists.

I had a simliar problem, my speakers picked up radio siginals, try relocating the speakers.
how do u have it hooked up optical or the green,black and orange cables??
I have the z-5500 and I dont have a hissing at all. I am also using 12gauge wires for my speakers as well.
My z5500s hiss when the volume knob is at 100% and i was connected via 3.5mm jacks. I switched to SPDIF connection and the hissing ceased.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monzt3r View Post
My z5500s hiss when the volume knob is at 100% and i was connected via 3.5mm jacks. I switched to SPDIF connection and the hissing ceased.
If you are using optical u are not using your sound card really at all. You are using the z-5500 sounds/settings instead of you card.

Using the cables by passes the z-5500 box and uses you sound card instead. I hope that sounds right.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

If you are using optical u are not using your sound card really at all. You are using the z-5500 sounds/settings instead of you card.

Using the cables by passes the z-5500 box and uses you sound card instead. I hope that sounds right.

x2

Unless you misidentified your card. Fatal1ty Champion do not have SPDIF/optical outputs.
See less See more
I wonder if I can do any shielding to the speakers to stop the hissing. I am not sure if hissing is the correct term for the noise. Perhaps I would call it noise. Just the background noise without music would be the more correct term.

Thanks,
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.