·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Xonar DG will be more than enough.
Logitech isnt really a speaker brand and the only 2.1 system they have that is worth buying(z623) is $130 and only scores about a 7 out of 10 in most reviews.

Its what im using, and while its far better than the average kit, for $10 more I could have gotten some Swan M10s or the Klipsch Pro-Media kit. Both of which are far better. One of those would actually have a use for a DX. If you are getting a z525 and a DX you are wasting the sound card.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiivari;15189843
Any sound card, onboard is fine too.
Seriously, logitech isn't hi-fi in it's real sense
wink.gif
I would agree that onboard is good enough, but I know for a fact that a DG will improve what are already mediocre speakers a fair bit. I almost cant use my z623 speakers with onboard sound compared to the DG.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
$90 is way too much....I paid $50 and I think they're worth that.

·
Registered
882 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1317842042&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black): Computers & Accessories[/URL]

Should be able to find them at Best Buy for ~150 but it's common for them to be on sale for 99-120. I've had mine for I think around 4 years now and still love them. Using onboard audio works fine as well.

They seem kind of hard to get right now for some reason.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk;15190111
here is a m10 for $117, that includes 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer? http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php?p=swan-m10&products_id=89

that klipsch one ya mentioned, how much for that, and is it better?
I think the klipsch kit is a little better than the M10s, but that seems to vary depending on who you talk to. I know the fact that the volume knob on the M10 is on the woofer indicates there may be some crossover so I was leaning for the klipsch speakers before reality got in the way and I had to settle for the z623s.

I would get the klipsch ones if you can afford them, and if you can swing $30 for a DG you will not be disappointed. Onboard gets the job done, but I see no reason to spend $100+ on speakers and then not get the most out of them.

At work I have a Xonar DX in a P67 rig and a set of Swan D1080MkII08 speakers and I experimented to see how much of a difference the card really makes. I brought my DG to work, plugged it in to the computer, and tried to watch a TRON blu ray. Sounded great and didnt lose any range.
Using the onboard I was loosing bass and mid range constantly and there was quite a bit of high missing here and there. The sound of the thrusters in the Recognizers and most of the loud effects in the movie would just cut out or be horribly distorted. On speakers that are worth buying, not having a sound card means you might as well have bought lower end speakers.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and he has good reviews, i just hope i dont get an empty box or something like that lol. never used ebay before, only for an hp ipaq, and the man from china never sent it, never heard or anything, and western union could not help. Now i have paypal tho

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrgk
View Post

and he has good reviews, i just hope i dont get an empty box or something like that lol. never used ebay before, only for an hp ipaq, and the man from china never sent it, never heard or anything, and western union could not help. Now i have paypal tho

Paypal is really good with issues like that.
If there is a dispute they side with the buyer 99.9999999999999% of the time.
Ive never heard of them siding with a seller, but I dont want to say they never have.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk;15190932
wonder if the speakers are still under warranty or something, and actually perform like new ones.
Personally, I would just buy a new set and not worry about it.
But at the same time, thats a good price for a set.
Its really up to you.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by robwadeson
View Post

my is having some weird problems with the sound going on/off on 1 side.

that is one of the more common of the few issues that the set has.
you may need to get it re-wired.

·
Registered
882 Posts
With the Klipsch (and I still need to do this) you can get upgraded wire kits. The speakers use 3.5mm jacks on the sats and are really finicky if you move them a lot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.