Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had these z5500s for 10 years now- what a staggering piece of work by Logitech.
Recently the center speaker has started to rattle or vibrate at loud volumes. The other speakers are fine.
When the I open the front dust cover I see the black material around the speaker cone has cracked and and pieces falling out. So I taped over the cracked areas with black tape and now the rattle is less. IS there a more permanent way to fix this?

Also are there any other suitable center speaker that I can replace it with?
I tried ebay and they have z5500 centers for ssale but they don't ship to my country.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Without knowing the diameter the speaker, I cant link you anything, but just search for speaker refoam kit. I dont think it be worth your money or effort seeing as there low end pc speakers, but Ill leave that decision up to you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgti View Post

Without knowing the diameter the speaker, I cant link you anything, but just search for speaker refoam kit. I dont think it be worth your money or effort seeing as there low end pc speakers, but Ill leave that decision up to you.
FYI, the Z5500 is still the *best* home cinema PC speaker set solution to date in their price-range! Their new Z906, by comparision, is utter crap. If my Z5500 broke down, I'd be looking to repair it too.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post

FYI, the Z5500 is still the *best* home cinema PC speaker set solution to date in their price-range! Their new Z906, by comparision, is utter crap. If my Z5500 broke down, I'd be looking to repair it too.
Sorry but its not, its pretty crappy for the price you pay IMO.
Better stuff can be had for lower prices.

OP:
Recone kits for your speakers specificly are going to be hard to find but basicly any kit of a same size speaker can be used.
http://www.simplyspeakers.com/speaker-recone-kits.html

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farih View Post

Sorry but its not, its pretty crappy for the price you pay IMO.
Better stuff can be had for lower prices.
Care to share?!
smile.gif
Seriously, been lookig for 5.1 PC speaker systems like the Z5500 a lot (that doesn't run thousands of dollars). Found none so far.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post

Care to share?!
smile.gif
Seriously, been lookig for 5.1 PC speaker systems like the Z5500 a lot (that doesn't run thousands of dollars). Found none so far.
You know going 2.0 or 2.1 is even better IMO.
Surround only has its place in films i think.

Especially music should be in 2.0 or 2.1

But here we go with better sets:

-Edifier S730D (also have it in 5.1)
-Any Teufel set
-Many many 2.0 active studio speakers

can link specific models but i need to go for a min. now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farih View Post

You know going 2.0 or 2.1 is even better IMO.
Surround only has its place in films i think.

Especially music should be in 2.0 or 2.1

But here we go with better sets:

-Edifier S730D (also have it in 5.1)
-Any Teufel set
-Many many 2.0 active studio speakers

can link specific models but i need to go for a min. now.
Thank you kindly!
smile.gif

EDIT: I don't listen to music mixed-up (just 2.1), but I occassionally game too, and that's where 5.1 shines for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts