Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that I set up my h50 a week ago with the incorrect plastic inserts

There are two sets of plastic inserts that come with them... and for AM3 there's the ones with just one hole to choose from. I installed my AM3 setup with the two-hole plastic insert, using the farthest hole from the actual CPU.

My temps are all fine. Lol. Actually I ended up using 2 of the AM3 plastic inserts, and 2 of the other plastic inserts. :-/

Hopefully the thing doesn't fall off xD. I didn't notice a difference when I went to set it up, it holds tight, and my temps at 3.8GHz (and even 4GHz) aren't exceeding 45 celcius max.

Wondering if someone else made this mistake also? The 8 plastic inserts that come with it all look so similar.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Well I cracked the am3 ones that it came with and swapped em out for the other ones. They worked just fine. It wouldn't be too hard to swap out two of em so they all match. If done right you wont even have to unmount/remount it. But leaving it with two of one and two of the other will in all likelihood be just fine. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.