Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got out and buy some $9 bottle of high end thermal interface material that was shown to be better than AS5 in benchmarks and a fan with almost 50% more air flow than my previous one, and of all things my temperatures go UP! What a world...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
So I got out and buy some $9 bottle of high end thermal interface material that was shown to be better than AS5 in benchmarks and a fan with almost 50% more air flow than my previous one, and of all things my temperatures go UP! What a world...

I've tried a few other ones and nothing seems to work as good as AS5, although the Artic-Silver-ceramic-non-conductive-can't-remember-the-name stuff seemed to be almost as good, just about a 1 degree difference.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol I'm begining to think I should stop trying, seems like I just can't win

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Lol, thats what you get from ventureing away from the proven.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus
Lol, thats what you get from ventureing away from the proven.

Anyone had any luck with the Vantec 7700 big copper flower looking thing?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would've thought that at least the 130cfm fan would've made a difference...it sure SOUNDS different...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
lol, maybe false advertising because with that much CFM you should be ice freakin cold. or maybe it's on backwards. lol, you wouldn't make that kind of mistake would you? And your not blowing warm air onto it? Try it with AS5 to double check

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is the whole reason I bought the new stuff was because I was out of AS5... I'm wandering if maybe I didn't put enough on. It's a water based stuff so I was being careful, then I had to remount the heatsink cause of the 4-pin plug so I may have lost too much of it. lol and trust me it feels and sounds like 130 cfm of air is coming off that fan.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ROFL I just relized how bad my PSU is. I can actually hear the fan drop in rpm as I place the system under load, that's pretty sad

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
haha....time for a new psu...and the whole enchilada

but also the antec silver compund seems to work well too. its like 2 degrees more then AS5, but its 1/2 the price for twice the amount. but i guess u get what u pay for, and the proven stuff will always be the garenteed

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Yiffy I was looking at a test on an XP120 awhile back and the test showed that after 90CFM the faster fans didnt make any difference in temps.

They tested all the way up to 130cfm, on a ystech I think.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what I'm running, a YS Tech 130cfm... I was thinking about that, but I wanna know why my temps went up...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course, I'm actually thinking it might be touching too much, looks like it squeezing all the stuff out from in between them...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
nah...u really cant have 2 much contact, maybe its just the paste...after all, u sadi it was water based

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah but in every review I read it beat out AS5 by almost 3 degrees each time... this is irritating, I'm running default speed with 1.4 vcore and idling at like 38C...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts