Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That is all.

We're in the middle of a hurricane. My town and the next town over (I live right on the border) is a DISASTER ZONE. Every 30 seconds another transformer blows. Power lines getting ripped apart all over the place. Trees and power poles are getting torn right up and thrown into streets. Sunrise Highway = Closed. Long Island Rail Road = Shut down. All of the southern parts of my town(s) are completely flooded (I live right on the water, south shore) and have no power.

Seriously. It's like watching the Day After Tomorrow from my bedroom window.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This is why I will never own an electric car. The the grid goes down and you car might as well be broken down as well. (Although this may not matter in NYC much)

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Post Pics PLZ

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnage of Death
View Post

Danngit 2012 is happening and I'm missing it? Heck no. I'm taking a road trip right now.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thosesneakyfrench
View Post

It's pitch black out right now, but I'd be happy to volunteer some pics in the morning.

Fellow long islander?

·
4GHz
1,767 Posts
Shoot, looks like you guys got the brunt of the storm. We got some flickering lights and fallen branches where I live, but that's about as bad as it got.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

I want to be in your house. I love being in extreme weather.

Any good lightning?

I'm a weatherbug myself. I wanted to go to Jones Beach today but unfortunately no one wanted to go with me
. I'm also the guy that everyone calls crazy because I sit on top of my house during thunderstorms to watch all the lightning and jazz. I absolutely adore storms, it's like an art from God...

But yeah no, no lightning tonight, all rain and wind. The "lightning" I see is transformers blowing up and power cables being ripped from houses.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Aww, damn. No lightning.

I was always called an idiot when I went to high school because I would walk in the rain instead of trying to crowd onto a bus. Funny thing is I always beat the bus riders over to the vocational building just next door. It was funny

·
Registered
664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicamaster3
View Post

Fellow long islander?

Yessir

I don't think the rain's quite as bad out in Riverhead, but earlier today my street was completely flooded, and the wind is relentless.

I like storms.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I too love bad weather. The last time it snowed, I drove with my Jeep's windows down so it would snow inside the cabin while I was driving.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dronac
View Post

I too love bad weather. The last time it snowed, I drove with my Jeep's windows down so it would snow inside the cabin while I was driving.

snow fetish?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts