Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ψ(`∇´)ψ
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Whilst on campus this week, if there’s only one thing on my mind besides Windows, that would be Boku. Codename “Bokuâ€, final name tentative (yes they are aware it’s not pleasant in Turkish), is a Microsoft Research project aimed at making it easy and fun for young kids to learn, understand and apply computer programming skills in the form of games.

Most videos of Boku shown so far has been quick montages with menus flashing faster than a loud nightclub, so below is a short 7-minute video I recorded with Stephen Coy (of Windows Vista screensavers and Psychedelic visualizations fame) who works on Boku to give a slower demonstration of how one could build a constructive game in Boku.

To continue reading and watch video go to istartedsomething

·
Registered
41 Posts
First Midori (green), and now Boku (me)...soon, they'll be naming OS's Miku, Yuki, Mayumi, etc...

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom III View Post
First Midori (green), and now Boku (me)...soon, they'll be naming OS's Miku, Yuki, Mayumi, etc...
Windows Miku sounds much better than Windows 7 to me, and they'll already have an OS-tan for it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by awdrifter
View Post

Windows Miku sounds much better than Windows 7 to me, and they'll already have an OS-tan for it.

Nope, Windows 7 sound way better than XP, Vista, 98, 97, 95, Miku. It recalls memories of Windows 3.11 Workgroup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts