Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I'd like to see a longer recent posts list on the main window... maybey 8 to 10 listings instead of 5... sometimes discussions can get going in multiple forums and I often miss an updated new post... not to mention people posting a new thread in the middle of a foray of postings can cause it to get lost and unanswered... unless someone checks the unanswered threads list it may go unnoticed for a day or two. I think this would speed up response time in helping people out... you could also move the member's list to the bottom and have the top 8 or 10 unanswered threads on the right side so that new posts automatically go there insuring that someone will always see them. There's nothign worse for someone than to post something and then recieve nothing but crickets in response.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
jolly good idea! i know what you mean man. it kinda sucks for the guy who's got a problem who needs a quick answer but his thread is waaaay down in like the "hard drives & storage" section where nobody goes. it would help average joe a lot who might not be all up in the "it" threads.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot
Actually I check the unanswered thread every time I get online, go to the toolbar, forum, unanswered threads. or http://www.overclock.net/search.php?searchid=120031

Also under the forum toolbar you can select new posts for I think the most recent 20 posts.
but what if you bump your thread like once a day for a week? then it'll look like people responded.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic
but what if you bump your thread like once a day for a week? then it'll look like people responded.
That is correct, I have done that a few times, if there are no replies I always PMed a very knowledgable member asking them to look at the thread and let me know if they can help.

I always wait until 20 minutes+ after the orignal post to PM anyone.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good but only when you are actually online mam... when you're at work or otherwise indesposed with the wife... a post might go unanswered for several hours... by that time the user may have gone to bed or if it's a newbie they may have actually gone offline for good and gone somewhere else. You can;t save em all Hasselhof...

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani
That's good but only when you are actually online mam... when you're at work or otherwise indesposed with the wife... a post might go unanswered for several hours... by that time the user may have gone to bed or if it's a newbie they may have actually gone offline for good and gone somewhere else. You can;t save em all Hasselhof...
If you cannot get the post answered by following the steps I left then it is quite likely that the resolution needs a great deal of research and someone is researching before a post or we can't help you.

But all threads eventually get answered.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot
That is correct, I have done that a few times, if there are no replies I always PMed a very knowledgable member asking them to look at the thread and let me know if they can help.

I always wait until 20 minutes+ after the orignal post to PM anyone.
but what if you're new and you don't know who's "knowledgable" and what if... LOL i'm just busting your balls. forget about it. but IMO it would be cool if the list was like 10 threads long instead of 5. i think it'll help you to keep your eye on what "the latest" is.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic
but what if you're new and you don't know who's "knowledgable" and what if... LOL i'm just busting your balls. forget about it. but IMO it would be cool if the list was like 10 threads long instead of 5. i think it'll help you to keep your eye on what "the latest" is.
go to the top, forum, new posts or http://www.overclock.net/search.php?searchid=120047, that display like the last 20 posts.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW... I'm just ecstatic that the BG color of the site is a mix of slate gray's and blues... those are my FAVORITE colors.

I actual;ly want to get a 2005 mustang painted THIS Color... I'd SOOOOO love that with a light granite interior and dark alloy rims.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i'd like to extend that, mainly because it'd allow for more posts to be answered, because face it, everyone looks at that bar....it makes more sense to extend it.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
That would be a great idea. You and other mods and some knowledgeable people respond very fast but if any one could see more of the recent posts it would prolly help because i have notcied during some parts of the day
there are litterally a few posts every couple a seconds in the same and other sections. I think it would help. I'm dont really get that link...if youre knew you dont know that...

BTW mfillpot you know php?? or does admin do all this editing to the site?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
I have spoken with Admin and a revision that will enable quicker viewing of more recent posts is in the works, because of the long list of revisions that Admin and Arsenik are currently working I cannot give an estimate or when it will be done, but rest assusred it will be done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.