Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can;t we up the size of sigs a little bit? I mean 350 characters doesn;t add up to much when you figure in formattign and hyperlinks. My sig is currently just at the 350 character limit and it's barely a full line... 4 links. I think it would be possible to limit the number of lines a sig can be or at the very least make it so the formatting tags don't count towards the limit.

Imagine....

HI THERE!

now.... those 9 characters you see there just ate up 118 of my 350 characters alone..... kinda steep just to personalize the text in our sigs eh?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Yeah I feel the same way... just never said anything

I'd also like to have like 5 more character for all the rig specs in the profile

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's get on admin about that... I mean if the system can parse the HTML tags it can exclude them from the character count too I'm sure...

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani
Let's get on admin about that... I mean if the system can parse the HTML tags it can exclude them from the character count too I'm sure...
Of course anything is possible... it just comes down to how much time it takes and how high it ranks in terms of importance. Unfortunately it's not quite as easy as it sounds and will be taken into consideration and prioritized along with all of the other suggestions and projects that are happening behind the scenes.

I will discuss with the mods about increasing the max characters for sigs but they will have to manually police a "number of lines" policy I would then need to put in place. We'll see

Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Yeah I feel the same way... just never said anything

I'd also like to have like 5 more character for all the rig specs in the profile
If I did that, people's profiles would not fit and hardware profiles would now take up approx 1.5 times the space

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by admin

Of course anything is possible... it just comes down to how much time it takes and how high it ranks in terms of importance. Unfortunately it's not quite as easy as it sounds and will be taken into consideration and prioritized along with all of the other suggestions and projects that are happening behind the scenes.

I will discuss with the mods about increasing the max characters for sigs but they will have to manually police a "number of lines" policy I would then need to put in place. We'll see

If I did that, people's profiles would not fit and hardware profiles would now take up approx 1.5 times the space

Wow
Only reason I say so is I can't fit my processor's name, model number, and core namer in the space, but I improvised, Hammer = ClawHammer for those that don't know

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i want a longer sig space so i can put up links to guides...lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Wow
Only reason I say so is I can't fit my processor's name, model number, and core namer in the space, but I improvised, Hammer = ClawHammer for those that don't know

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Yeah, I was going to write a brief history of the universe, But there wouldnt have been enough room for my second Rig specs

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
sweet, i was wondering when things would change,

Sniff, Sniff, is that a database i smell brewing..lol

thanks admin, your the best admin i've seen on any site, sweet.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
truly thank you admin, it's a great improvement. i think you've done a great job here, and you just keep impressing us.... thanks a ton!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Admin... Now to update my sig.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts