Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how big is the longest video card you guys got? Got any footlongs? Voodoo Rush's? Show us some pictures!

To kick it off, here's a picture of my video card. It's that big old PCI card inside the tower.

LL

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hehe, I guess you beat everybody to the punch with the voodoo card. Sadly the longest card I owned was a 5850, I think my Hawk is shorter than that and I have only owned a 4850->5850->GTX460.

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
How about longest card in general?
I have some footlong PCI-X SCSI RAID card sitting around here..

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I pretty sure my accelero extreme 4870x2 (have one) is slightly longer than the 4850x2. The 5970 w/accelero extreme cooler would probably be the longest card.

·
Registered
612 Posts
longest i got is my 260. i was shocked when i first got it (my first good video card) i didn't know they were that long. so i compared it to my 8500gt.
LL

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
The 4830 I have now. I pulled that sucker out of the bag and was like "Daaaaaamn"

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dude120 View Post
I pretty sure my accelero extreme 4870x2 (have one) is slightly longer than the 4850x2. The 5970 w/accelero extreme cooler would probably be the longest card.
Yea maybe. The cooler itself for the 5970 is 29cm and the 4850x2 stock is 28.5cm. Pretty close.

·
Registered
944 Posts
My old GTX 260. Slightly longer than my 470.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Damn, ill have to bust out this giant i have in my closet.....an OLD OLD ISA video card

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,669 Posts
hmmm if its longest card in general....i have an old sound blaster card from the 80's thats ISA, thing is as long as the server tower its in, you hafta angle it to get it out

·
Premium Member
6,383 Posts
I present to you, the Hercules InColor. Upgraded my very first computer with one of these. Pops picked it up used 4 or 5 years after its/my conception. 11.5~ Inches.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wtomlinson View Post
longest i got is my 260. i was shocked when i first got it (my first good video card) i didn't know they were that long. so i compared it to my 8500gt.
same here, i went from a 8800GT to the 260 though, and when i got it, i didnt put it in my computer right away, i just stared at it, and was frankly kind of scared of its size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
My old GTX 260. Slightly longer than my 470.
This, i was surprised that the 470 was shorter than my 260 that it replaced.

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post
I present to you, the Hercules InColor. Upgraded my very first computer with one of these. Pops picked it up used 4 or 5 years after its/my conception. 11.5~ Inches.

rofl...i have about 3 of those that still work...windows 98 and crappy games ftl
its all about nostalgia

·
Premium Member
6,383 Posts
MW1 at like 11 FPS ( i think ) was the BOOOOMB.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post

Wow. That one's sure a biggie!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts