Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my fist time using a tee line and i wanna make sure im doing this right and am not going to run into problems if i do it this way. heres my loop, and i know, its a masterpiece

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
Shouldn't it be the pump to the rad, then the rad to the cpu block, and then back to the pump?
that makes scene for cooling purposes but i don't think it would loose pressure or anything like that.

·
Registered
955 Posts
thats good, it the PROPER way to do T' lines for fast bleeding.

and for the others in this thread loop order makes NO difference.... i don't know why people keep forgetting that.

fine you could get an extra 1/2 or even 1 degree lower temps, but if it means extra tubing or routing then it becomes moot. you should know enough to over rad anyhow.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy View Post
Pump to rad, rad to block, back to res or T line to pump, make sure the fillport is the highest point in your loop.

like this?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
thats good, it the PROPER way to do T' lines for fast bleeding.

and for the others in this thread loop order makes NO difference.... i don't know why people keep forgetting that.

fine you could get an extra 1/2 or even 1 degree lower temps, but if it means extra tubing or routing then it becomes moot. you should know enough to over rad anyhow.
thats what i originally thought

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy View Post
The point of watercooling is to get the most possible out of it, so why add the pumps heat dump before the block, let the rad handle it, Just make sure your T line is on the suction side of the pump.
makes scenes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would suggest this, if only because you avoid a sharp 90 degree angle with your T. You can manipulate it and move it around if you want, but if you have the T act as a 0 degree fitting instead of a 90, you'll have less restriction.

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkyard00000
View Post

I would suggest this, if only because you avoid a sharp 90 degree angle with your T. You can manipulate it and move it around if you want, but if you have the T act as a 0 degree fitting instead of a 90, you'll have less restriction.

I agree with this..

I've always put my T-Lines with the top of the T inline and the leg for the fillport. The 90 degree angle, even on the suck side, can cause upflow on the fill line as well restriction getting around the 90.

Also, in having it topside T down you have a straight path in the loop causing less restriction as well a natural vacuum to draw new fluid from the fillport line.

Of course, IMO only..

• Rep+
Reactions: ira-k

·
Registered
955 Posts
Quote:

View Post

if you have a strong pump, like he does, that 90 does little to the flow. the faster bleeding time if worth the small drop in flow.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Me to, that's the last place you want any kind of restriction is right before the pump.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Question about the orientation of the T-line: Should the Fill port be the nub at a right angle to the others, so that the fluid flows right though rather than needing to make a 90 degree turn?

EDIT: Darn me for not reading everything, and not realising that Ira-k answered my question one post above

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MobAttack
View Post

Question about the orientation of the T-line: Should the Fill port be the nub at a right angle to the others, so that the fluid flows right though rather than needing to make a 90 degree turn?

EDIT: Darn me for not reading everything, and not realising that Ira-k answered my question one post above

Yes. so an upside down T instead of a -|

1 - 19 of 19 Posts