Overclock.net banner

Look what I found on the Egg!!

678 views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  SmasherBasher 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Seems expensive for what it is. I guess I remember the days when they were $50 each... I would go with an 8800GT/9800GT since they are on sale for $100 shipped without rebate.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortimersnerd
View Post

Seems expensive for what it is. I guess I remember the days when they were $50 each... I would go with an 8800GT/9800GT since they are on sale for $100 shipped without rebate.

$50.... I got a 8800GS for $35 AR shipped....

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmasherBasher
View Post

and here I thought I was helping

Meh.

Still a worth post

Its generating more good info on what and for how much

#9 ·
is the 9600 even good enough to play games? i bet it would be strong with it was SLI'd with another.

#14 ·
are these even any good for gaming?

for a large amount of memory, only 192 bit GDDR2 ?

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
is the 9600 even good enough to play games? i bet it would be strong with it was SLI'd with another.

I was running L4d on a 7800GT up until a month or so ago.

yes, it'll be fine for games. I'm tempted to pick up one as a physx card

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog7771
View Post

Great find but sadly it is ddr2

thats just enough to fold

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormX2
View Post

are these even any good for gaming?

for a large amount of memory, only 192 bit GDDR2 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog7771
View Post

It really is a good mid range card and the evga ones oc very well. I got mine to go from 9200 in 3DMark06 to 10700 in 3DMark06. But that was some intense overclocking

We dont use this cards to game or run any of the 3dMARK's , we just fold , i think u guys are in the wrong section of OCN

MAd, storm and trog, all ur GPU's will fold great , why u guys dont give it a shot

#17 ·
#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
and here I thought I was helping

Meh.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. Its a great deal if people are looking to add more cards to their GS/GSO rigs, but I would say taht if your getting a new rig going, the GT/GTXs would be the best idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.