Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Initializing...
23,787 Posts
This for an i7 setup or i5?

You do realize if you get a p55 setup both your cards will run at 8x/8x. Not like effects performance or anything but still. Also available here.:

• Rep+
Reactions: trugamer510

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post
This for an i7 setup or i5?

You do realize if you get a p55 setup both your cards will run at 8x/8x. Not like effects performance or anything but still. Also available here.:
Its going to be an i5 setup:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

And I'm going through Amazon because I have a Prime membership so free shipping. Thanks for bringing up the 8x thing, I shouldn't notice any performance issues tho, right?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
So wait, have your bought any parts yet? Because I just saw that Amazon has a great deal on the i7 750+GA-P55A-UD3+4GB Corsair RAM

Total List Price: $566.97
Price For All Three: $454.97

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
you guys, the P55 UD3 DOES NOT have 8x/8x SLI OR CF so it is out. this guy is looking for SLI/CF mobos.

i personally recommend the Gigabyte P55-UD4P, but its a little expensive at around $170.

that biostar you linked to will give you some amazing OC results btw

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerTrip View Post
So wait, have your bought any parts yet? Because I just saw that Amazon has a great deal on the i7 750+GA-P55A-UD3+4GB Corsair RAM

Total List Price: $566.97
Price For All Three: $454.97
X2 great deal man!!

·
**** Linux
2,379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

you guys, the P55 UD3 DOES NOT have 8x/8x SLI OR CF so it is out. this guy is looking for SLI/CF mobos.

i personally recommend the Gigabyte P55-UD4P, but its a little expensive at around $170.

that biostar you linked to will give you some amazing OC results btw

Quote:

Features

Provides newest Marvell SE9128 high speed SATA3 storage interface with superfast 6Gbps link speed
Support ATI CrossFireX

·
Initializing...
23,787 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: trugamer510

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post
Great deal right there!

Ok, so that board should give me the SLi and core i5/i7 chipset I want, right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, thanks everyone! This should save me some money, I'm ordering tonight! I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
901 Posts
if you can find one, you can try the P55A-UD4 (no P), considering SATA3/USB3 may take sometimes to become popular.

I personally feel it's on the weak end with the EVGA P55 V's capacitors and power phase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts