Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
Like is not a strong enough word.

It's only real competition in the 8" space is the IPad Mini Retina (which I also own) and to a lesser extent, the LG G Pad 8.3 (which I owned and sold recently).

In terms of features, it is the most powerful small form factor tablet currently available (unless you are looking at a Windows based tablet, which at 8" from my experience is way too small to use effectively).

My only fear was battery life and so far the Mini Retina has a slight advantage. However, the Tab 8.4 has the best battery of any 8" or smaller Android tablet I have owned (and I have owned all of the decent ones).

What I do not like is the lack of accessories (ie, cases). However that will soon change as they come out.

What I like is pretty much everything, screen is highest res in this size on the market (better in color as well, blows away Apple Retina for color and brightness), Micro SD slot, powerful cpu/gpu, light weight, IR Blaster (surprisingly handy), integrated webex (great for work), etc.

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/RobilarOCN/media/DSC01531_zpsadbe78c5.jpg.html

DSC01533_zps53a3e816.jpg

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/RobilarOCN/media/DSC01488_zps974c9fef.jpg.html

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/RobilarOCN/media/DSC01415_zps8f26c3bc.jpg.html

·
Read Only
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post

Like is not a strong enough word.

It's only real competition in the 8" space is the IPad Mini Retina (which I also own) and to a lesser extent, the LG G Pad 8.3 (which I owned and sold recently).

In terms of features, it is the most powerful small form factor tablet currently available (unless you are looking at a Windows based tablet, which at 8" from my experience is way too small to use effectively).

My only fear was battery life and so far the Mini Retina has a slight advantage. However, the Tab 8.4 has the best battery of any 8" or smaller Android tablet I have owned (and I have owned all of the decent ones).

What I do not like is the lack of accessories (ie, cases). However that will soon change as they come out.

What I like is pretty much everything, screen is highest res in this size on the market (better in color as well, blows away Apple Retina for color and brightness), Micro SD slot, powerful cpu/gpu, light weight, IR Blaster (surprisingly handy), integrated webex (great for work), etc.

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/RobilarOCN/media/DSC01531_zpsadbe78c5.jpg.html

DSC01533_zps53a3e816.jpg

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/RobilarOCN/media/DSC01488_zps974c9fef.jpg.html

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/RobilarOCN/media/DSC01415_zps8f26c3bc.jpg.html
Thanks for the reply
thumb.gif
I am gonna get the 10.1. I already own the note 3, had a note 2, so used to bigger devices. That's why I don't see a point of getting another device that is only 3 inches bigger. But if the 8.4 is great the 10.1 will also be very nice.

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
The 10.1 is supposed to be stellar. The only complaints I have seen are that it is not the most rigid tablet and creaks a bit when pressure is applied. Should be a non issue once it is in a case though.

Throw a 128GB Sandisk Micro SD in it and you will have a beast of a device.

·
Read Only
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

The 10.1 is supposed to be stellar. The only complaints I have seen are that it is not the most rigid tablet and creaks a bit when pressure is applied. Should be a non issue once it is in a case though.

Throw a 128GB Sandisk Micro SD in it and you will have a beast of a device.
That was the plan
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
Slow? No. This is the fastest tablet I have ever used. Web browsing is fast, switching between apps is fast, apps run like lightning.

I don't use Magazine for much, I have it linked to several apps. It is kind of handy for a quick switch. Multi window is also quick. Still trying to figure out how to link other apps to it.

Battery life is much better than I had hoped as well.

·
Read Only
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 10.1 is slow was hell. It is laggy on almost everything. My note 3 is 2x as fast no joke

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post

My 10.1 is slow was hell. It is laggy on almost everything. My note 3 is 2x as fast no joke
you have the new tab pro 10.1?

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
Did it do an autoupdate? there was a patch that all the pro's went through not long ago.

·
Read Only
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Did it do an autoupdate? there was a patch that all the pro's went through not long ago.
It must have, but im probably gonna return it, it can do everything my note 3, the 10.1 is just bigger and more awkward to type on. The display is awesome and movies look great just no sure if its worth the 700$

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
That's why I stick with 8" tablets. 7" is too small and 10" too bulky. There is a reason Apple has sold more IPad Mini's than full sized IPad's last year. The 8" form factor is being adopted by every other tablet maker. LG, Lenovo, Toshiba, Samsung, etc.

·
Read Only
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

That's why I stick with 8" tablets. 7" is too small and 10" too bulky. There is a reason Apple has sold more IPad Mini's than full sized IPad's last year. The 8" form factor is being adopted by every other tablet maker. LG, Lenovo, Toshiba, Samsung, etc.
It's not that it is too big it's just a big note. Really no knew features, ppi on note 3 is higher. Cpu no better. Touch wiz still touchwiz, already have a pen. Not worth owning if you have a note 3 or note 2

·
Premium Member
20,478 Posts
4.4 has been launched but when it hits specific devices, no one knows.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts