Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
You'll be much happier than you can imagine!
By the '80's they pretty much had transistors figured out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That does have some really good reviews. Some people even mentioned they had one for over 6 years and still works great. Which to me is great for an old amplifier.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Assuming the capacitors haven't crapped out and it's been taken care of, it should work well. But all components age obviously.

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MystKid
View Post

so you are saying that this is a good piece of hardware?

Yes, though the Marantz name engenders some added (unnecessary) cost.

Pioneer, Rotel, Yamaha, etc will sound as good for less.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Buy used. I just bought a Marantz SR7400 for $67 including shipping on ebay.

j5i9ar.jpg

·
Laptop Gamer
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystKid;15206654
hello guys i am looking fo r an amplifier fo ra home stereo. i am looking at this one:

MARANTZ 2220B
its a vintage amplifier and it is supposed to be pretty good. any of you know/have it?
higher+front.jpg

forgot to say budget is 250 Euro. also need the speakers. in total id liek to spend 500 for speakers and amp
Depends what they are asking. You may have to end up changing out leaky caps, and that is a serious pita. The "vintage" solid state stuff is so far superior to modern offerings (sound and power wise) that it's hard to believe we once could make stuff sound so good (and rate the power output accurately) But, it DOES have to be maintained every so often. I say "listen to it if you can". If not, ask the seller for a buy back guarentee...(just in case it something is the matter). Good luck, bro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts