Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything that has a good sub and speakers included for under $100. Can you guys help me out? With so many products out there, i'm not sure which to choose.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post

I've posted this question before and a lot of people tell me to get a good pair of monitor speakers instead.
You might be able to find the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s for about $100, I've heard they're good and they look cool and I'd own them but I don't want to spend that much.
I listen to alot of RnB, Hip Hop and Bass-y stuff...Are you sure these kind of speakers deliver? I just want two speakers (left and right) and a sub.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetplane48 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post

I've posted this question before and a lot of people tell me to get a good pair of monitor speakers instead.
You might be able to find the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s for about $100, I've heard they're good and they look cool and I'd own them but I don't want to spend that much.
I listen to alot of RnB, Hip Hop and Bass-y stuff...Are you sure these kind of speakers deliver? I just want two speakers (left and right) and a sub.
Yes they do, really loud as well with no distortion.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Quote:

I own these. If you're looking for an all-in-one package with sub, etc, then the Klipsch will deliver, especially if you're looking for bass out of the kit. Others recommend the Swans but they don't provide anywhere near the bass response that these do.

That being said, have you considered putting together a system yourself? There's one in particular that I've seen Pioneerisloud as well as a few other members recommend over and over again in these threads. Most seem very happy with the final product.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh I see, well I might settle for a Logitech Z623 2.1 set if anyone has any objections or suggestions on showing me another pair of speakers that gimme that bang for the buck.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Quote:

Ahhh I see, well I might settle for a Logitech Z623 2.1 set if anyone has any objections or suggestions on showing me another pair of speakers that gimme that bang for the buck.
Objection! Lol, hey sound is subjective but please listen to these before you buy. Try comparing them with the aforementioned Pro Media setup for instance.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr8rjohnk View Post

Objection! Lol, hey sound is subjective but please listen to these before you buy. Try comparing them with the aforementioned Pro Media setup for instance.
link?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Quote:

I'd get the Klipsch over those. Klipsch is known for making high quality home theater speakers but I'm having trouble finding the ProMedia 2.1s for a good price anymore. Best Buy still has them but it's over your budget and the lowest new price on Amazon is ridiculous. Have they been discontinued?

I almost bought these (pretty sure it was those) monitors a few months ago. I spent the money on something else instead though.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Quote:

link?
Every here and there, these can be had for about $120, sadly, Best Buy is the lowest price (just did a very quick search - maybe check ebay) at $155. I think the lowest I saw the z623 was about $130 so you're looking at an extra $25. Money well spent if you amortize the $25 for the life of the speaker set (not to mention the quality increase). Food for thought... Good luck.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Get good advice. Ignore it and go with lolspeakers instead.
Simca...is alive!? wow, long time no see, also...i looked up lolspeakers and they dont exist. of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr8rjohnk View Post

Every here and there, these can be had for about $120, sadly, Best Buy is the lowest price (just did a very quick search - maybe check ebay) at $155. I think the lowest I saw the z623 was about $130 so you're looking at an extra $25. Money well spent if you amortize the $25 for the life of the speaker set (not to mention the quality increase). Food for thought... Good luck.
Ahhhh i see, I saw some reviews on the Klipsch and yea, I am considering them over the Z623 at the moment!
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
The Klipsch is worth $100 over the z623s, forget about $25. If you get the Promedias and ever end up hearing the z623s some time down the road, you'll laugh and then you'll thank me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts