Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody:

I just find out that there is some laptops that has the RTX 3060 with a power limit of 140w and would like to flash that in my lenovo legion 5 which is limited to 130w.

I tried this one but it didn't work:cry::

As you can see the power is still limited to 130w:
Plant Eyelash Organism Terrestrial plant Screenshot

Anybody knows if there is another vbios that i can test or if Lenovo limited the GPU power in other way?.

·
Still kinda lost
3,768 Posts
I guess you need to wait for the L5/I or L5p/I with the new 6xxx or 12xxx CPUs to get those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I guess you need to wait for the L5/I or L5p/I with the new 6xxx or 12xxx CPUs to get those.
Those already been released and here is the VBIOS from a L5 whit the I5 12500H straight from lenovo themselves:

The issue is that after successfully flashing that VBIOS is still limited to 130W as is shown in the screenshot so that VBIOS is either not compatible for some weird reason or Lenovo limited the GPU power in other way.:mad:

Maybe the ACPI tables or the EC is limiting the power?:geek:

·
Still kinda lost
3,768 Posts
Those already been released and here is the VBIOS from a L5 whit the I5 12500H straight from lenovo themselves:

The issue is that after successfully flashing that VBIOS is still limited to 130W as is shown in the screenshot so that VBIOS is either not compatible for some weird reason or Lenovo limited the GPU power in other way.:mad:

Maybe the ACPI tables or the EC is limiting the power?:geek:
Well your guess is as good as mine.

Next to the ACPI or other soft locks there can be a bunch of hardware locks.

And this might sound weird but it might be a platform thing, if yours is an AMD model then maybe the Intel VBios wont work and Vice versa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try it. may help you。
cowtransfer.com/s/310d74aa9c9043
Thanks but it didn't work.

When i reboot the screen is black and the fans are at max speed so after many trial and error i come to the conclusion that only the VBIOS whit device id 10DE 2560 will work and the VBIOS you posted is 10DE 2520.

·
stock...hahaha
1,624 Posts
I have experimented with the 140W bios on L5p as well. I got the same end result that you did and could not get the gpu above 130W.

Unfortunately, the 2022 AMD models are using a different bios to the 2021 models it is JUCN43WW instead of GKCNXXWW so I suspect that it is the EC that is controlling the power delivery to the GPU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts