Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am looking for a server case that can house up to 8 drives. It needs to be at least 4U as I am currently water cooling my server to keep it quiet as possible. Also I would like for it to be rack mounted. I have been on Newegg but can't seem to find anything that is decent in my price rangeof about $150. Any suggestions or reviews from the community are welcomed and thanks in advance.

Marcus

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,864 Posts
I have one of these - Rosewill RSV-L4000.

It has 8 bays, and fits E-ATX motherboards. My CrunchAholic system is in it. It works for me , but I don't water cool my server.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one of these - Rosewill RSV-L4000.

It has 8 bays, and fits E-ATX motherboards. My CrunchAholic system is in it. It works for me , but I don't water cool my server.
So that's the case I have now although it's the 12Bay hot swap version. The hot swap bays are flakey and have trouble detecting my drives at times. I have rails in my system where I can sit a case on top of them without having to bolt the case in. I am thinking about getting the Cosair 750D and just turning it on it's side. It has great air flow and easy drive upgrades. But by all means please keep giving me your suggestions.

Thanks again Diffident!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,864 Posts
So that's the case I have now although it's the 12Bay hot swap version. The hot swap bays are flakey and have trouble detecting my drives at times. I have rails in my system where I can sit a case on top of them without having to bolt the case in. I am thinking about getting the Cosair 750D and just turning it on it's side. It has great air flow and easy drive upgrades. But by all means please keep giving me your suggestions.

Thanks again Diffident!

Is your reason for wanting a new case because of the hot swap bays being flakey? Can you take out the board that the hot swap bays use and just plug into the drives like normal?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your reason for wanting a new case because of the hot swap bays being flakey? Can you take out the board that the hot swap bays use and just plug into the drives like normal?
Well the cooling fans are behind the board so I would have to remove them too and then I wouldn't have any cooling hardly anymore.

I bought this case used on eBay for like $30 it was a little damaged before and sometimes the drives bays would flake out but it's much more consistent now.

I measure my rack space and although I really like the Corsair 750D, it won't fit at 22inches. I have about 18 inches to play with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts