Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess mx black is best for fast FPS gaming or is this wrong?. I found the old steelseries 6gv2 that got mixed reviews on amazon, is there anything newer and better?. Or just recommend me the best keyboard for fast fps games like Quake if mx black is not the best. Right now i am using a Arvo compact gaming keyboard.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
I'm very satisfied in shooters with Corsair Strafe RED but honestly, I was as satisfied with Logitech K200.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
It doesn't matter what switches you use, whatever is most comfortable for you. I prefer browns personally, test out some mx switches in a store and see which color you like the best if you want a mech.
Pretty much everything was said.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't matter what switches you use, whatever is most comfortable for you. I prefer browns personally, test out some mx switches in a store and see which color you like the best if you want a mech.

Would you say that it is worth it for me to upgrade from my Arvo compact gaming keyboard to a mech?, is the response time alot better?.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,885 Posts
Would you say that it is worth it for me to upgrade from my Arvo compact gaming keyboard to a mech?, is the response time alot better?.
There is no difference in "response time" between a membrane and a mechanical switch, just feel and noise.

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
I have a razor blackwidow, and a stealth keyboard. I like them both, and I use both of them. the blackwidow mechanical keyboard is great for games, because it lets you know exactly when the key has been hit, but at night this might be a issue for others in the house. the stealth is a very quite keyboard, so you have to take that extra split second to make sure the button was actually pressed, but game play at night does not disturb others.

·
The last VRM burner
2,590 Posts
I put o-rings under my mechanical and it's actually usable at night. While gaming you usually use tons of force so there is literally no meaningful press delay on membrane keyboard. Especially in shooters. Whoooole different story in RTSs and MMORPGs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Romer-g switches sounds very interesting for gaming.
"we were also made aware in a conversation with Logitech that this keyboard is proven to be up to ten times faster in response than other keyboards out there. In gaming, this can mean life or death, as any bit of lag, whether from the device or the server, will do nothing but to try to make you fail. At least with a product such as the PRO, you can be certain when you blame lag for your failure in the game, it is one the server or ISP side, not that you are in any way at fault."
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8165/logitech-pro-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review/index7.html

I think i will try a Logitech G PRO keyboard!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I dont think blacks are best for fps. Its either very light linear switch which let you ride the actuation point easy or a switch with shortest travel distance like mx speed.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ye that is just marketing at hand. Thats for the keyboard itself but thats just a tiny little part in the whole input chain. Internet connection, computer, monitor, your own reaction time, how fast your finger is moving, your own hand movement speed and accuracy. That lower input lag wont change anything. That being said my ocd have me searching for love input lag keyboard eventually lol.

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
Ye that is just marketing at hand. Thats for the keyboard itself but thats just a tiny little part in the whole input chain. Internet connection, computer, monitor, your own reaction time, how fast your finger is moving, your own hand movement speed and accuracy. That lower input lag wont change anything. That being said my ocd have me searching for love input lag keyboard eventually lol.
What I find interesting about the low input lag stuff is: I've seen testing somewhere about normal USB mechanical keyboards that shows that the lag is changing a lot between your key presses. For example, sometimes the signal of you doing a key press shows up after 8 ms, but then sometimes it needs 16ms to send the signal. With the special low input lag keyboard, I'd hope that the best and worst lag times are closer in comparison to a normal keyboard.

I'm guessing lag if it's constant would be totally fine for your muscle memory. If it would be always 12 ms for example, your brain would learn to take those 12 ms into account while training itself on how to time finger movements. But if it's sometimes faster and sometimes slower latency, this could maybe sabotage muscle memory? With the special keyboard, the low latency itself perhaps helps less than the fact that it makes the slowest and fastest signal more similar.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Didnt know that, i wonder if it because of metal contact? Ye for muscle memory consistency is key. I eyeing optical switches for my next board.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts

This is what I use, MX Blues, fully customizable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts