Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm in the market a new case.
I'm looking to get into custom watercooling so I'm looking for a case that is appropriate for that.
Right now my criteria (that I can think of):

• Bottom mounted radiator (360mm) and PSU support
  • Side window
  • Able to comfortably fit two reservoirs
  • Has a cover or compartment to cover view of the power supply
All the other stuff like dust filters, LEDs, etc. is not a top priority but it's not discouraged either.

My budget is $350~ USD

Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,279 Posts
A TJ07 is a favorite of mine, supports dual 480s at the bottom and has full metal construction, ideal for modding even thought its original design is showing a littler bit of age now

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm looking at the Corsair 900D, but it is pretty pricey at [email protected]
Also looking at the Thermaltake Core X71 case which is much cheaper and, from a glance it looks to have a similar amount of features for about 1/3 the price of the Corsair 900D.
Also TJ07 that Pedroc1999 had suggested.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Thermaltake Core X71 because it seems to have everything that I want, with good reviews (5/5 on Newegg/Amazon) and at a reasonable price in comparison to the TJ07 and the Corsair 900D which both carry a price over $300 USD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroC1999 View Post

A TJ07 is a favorite of mine, supports dual 480s at the bottom and has full metal construction, ideal for modding even thought its original design is showing a littler bit of age now
Thank you! That is a fine looking case. I'll definitely add it to my list.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Any reason you want a bottom mount radiator? I went with an enthoo primo when I was looking for a watercooling case. It is very easy to build in. Had an 800d prior to it, and the phantek was much easier to build. I think it only supports a 140x2 bottom reservoir. But 120x4 top.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadly2004 View Post

Any reason you want a bottom mount radiator? I went with an enthoo primo when I was looking for a watercooling case. It is very easy to build in. Had an 800d prior to it, and the phantek was much easier to build. I think it only supports a 140x2 bottom reservoir. But 120x4 top.
Honestly, it's entirely an aesthetic decision for me. I just don't want to see the radiator in my case - I realize that is probably a very poor justification but that's simply my reasoning.
I want the focus on my build to be the components rather than the big ol' rad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts