Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new case , I would prefer a full tower but something in between will probably be fine since I only use video card for now.

System :
GeForce GTX Titan 6144GeForce GTX Titan 6144 MB MB
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz
Samsung 840 series 500gb ( yes I need it )
Asus RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
Corsair Vengeance DDR3,1600-32GB KIT ( video editing )
Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB (os)
Corsair H100i
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2
Wd 2tb 3.5

Also how do i end a treat, or delete it all to gather.
thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
I would recommend

- NZXT switch 810 In Matte Black
- CoolerMaster Storm Stryker
- CoolerMaster Haf X ( Additionally the HAF XM is a great chassis too, and it's like a large mid tower with excellent space )
- Corsair Vengeance C70 ( A roomy Mid Tower )

If you like a more refined and less " gamer style "

I would reccommend:

Fractal Design define XL
Lian Li PC-B12 ( Mid Tower )
Corsair 600t ( Large mid tower )
Fractal Design Define R4

They are a few cases I would recommend based on the information you provided.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurbr View Post

I'm looking for a new case , I would prefer a full tower but something in between will probably be fine since I only use video card for now.

System :
GeForce GTX Titan 6144GeForce GTX Titan 6144 MB MB
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz
Samsung 840 series 500gb ( yes I need it )
Asus RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
Corsair Vengeance DDR3,1600-32GB KIT ( video editing )
Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB (os)
Corsair H100i
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2
Wd 2tb 3.5

Also how do i end a treat, or delete it all to gather.
thanks!
not saying the TX850 is bad, but if you are already spending that kind of cash... might as well go AX850 instead. (assuming you are going SLi since you listed the titan twice)

as far as case, it depends on what you intend to do with it later down the road. are you into modding? are you interested in liquid cooling? etc....

I see you have the H100i listed, is that something you will absolutely use? or are you open to a high quality air cooler such as a Phantek/Noctua/Thermalright?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've heard great things about the new NZXT Phantom 820 and the 630. Personally, thats what I want right now. haha. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have already have a h100i, but in case it brakes and it probably will why do you recommend air cooling over water cooling i know h100i is not the best cooler out there but isn't water cooling superior over air?

and no sli yet, maybe sometime in the further but not right now

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurbr View Post

i have already have a h100i, but in case it brakes and it probably will why do you recommend air cooling over water cooling i know h100i is not the best cooler out there but isn't water cooling superior over air?

and no sli yet, maybe sometime in the further but not right now
it's impossible for the "water pump" to break in an air cooler
biggrin.gif

and it's VERY HARD to make a air cooler leak
smile.gif

if you do some searching, you'll see that the H100 does NOT perform better then the top air coolers on the market. any of the 3 air coolers i mentioned will perform just as well if not better then the H100.

liquid cooling DOES out perform air coolers IF you are using custom loop. not a CLC. custom loops have problems of their own(aside from cost) mainly the maintenance of it to prevent algae/bacterial growth.

overall, an air cooler will be quieter then a liquid cooler.

the only time you'd need liquid cooling is if you are going with extreme OCing or have space constraints that prevent you from using top quality air cooler.

other differences are aesthetic based.

I asked about the SLi because a 850w PSU is overkill for your system spec. a quality 600w PSU can easily power your system. when it comes to PSU selection, quality ALWAYS trumps wattage rating printed on the box.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I personally like my coolermaster storm trooper its a great case and will fit your h100i
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119245&Tpk=cm%20storm%20trooper

as for the air coolers dont bother all the top air coolers are within a few C of each other and the h100i is right up there with them if you do anything to your cooling go with a custom loop dont bother with air coolers at most it would be just a side grade

1 - 10 of 10 Posts