Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some recommendations for a good fan controller/card reader combo, I'm looking to buy two, one for me one for my dad, doesn't matter to me if it is 5.25, or 3.5, just needs to be black and at a decent price. I've seen some from AeroCool, but I'm not sure what to think of them (and they're pricey).

Thanks in advance, I've seen many other fan controller threads, but I haven't seen any posts that showed a card reader too.

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
I'd take a fan controller and get a cheap card reader separate from DealExtreme. Actually, if you don't need to control too many fans, then you can probably get one of the cheap single-fan controllers from www.Dealextreme.com as well! God I love that site. You'll get more power/compatability likely if they're separate.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think, since I need to control a few more than 2 fans, especially in my 690, I'm just going to get a good fan controller (kaze master I'm thinking), and a cheap card reader for both computers. The other PC can deal without a fan controller.

Thanks for the help guys, repped all those who gave input

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If you want reliability and don't need the temp/rpm sensors, don't get the kaze master. Mine already died on me once, so I don't use it on vital fans (eg. CPU, GPU). Get a Sunbeam Rheobus, they are very robust and can power almost anything (plus they are very inexpensive). I have the Rheobus Extreme (6 control knobs instead of 4), and have 2 fans on 3 channels (for a total of 6 fans), 1 that has 2 duorbs (2 80mm fans on each one) on it, and 2 that have a total of 6ft of cathodes and some LEDs on them. No problems at all for the time I have had them.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChIck3n
View Post

If you want reliability and don't need the temp/rpm sensors, don't get the kaze master. Mine already died on me once, so I don't use it on vital fans (eg. CPU, GPU). Get a Sunbeam Rheobus, they are very robust and can power almost anything (plus they are very inexpensive). I have the Rheobus Extreme (6 control knobs instead of 4), and have 2 fans on 3 channels (for a total of 6 fans), 1 that has 2 duorbs (2 80mm fans on each one) on it, and 2 that have a total of 6ft of cathodes and some LEDs on them. No problems at all for the time I have had them.

I guess I'll have to wait for a black one to become available and just order that
, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts