Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old ain't dead
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am going to be upgrading my monitor soon. I was curious though.
Could I use a LCD TV monitor as my computer monitor? I am limited on how much space I have, and I have been wanting to get a new tv for a while now.

Please let me know.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, you can. The large issue with using a TV as a monitor will be resolution. TVs come optimized for the 1080p standard. Monitors that use this resolution are also very common, but the size difference is the problem. Imagine having the same resolution as you might find on a 24" monitor blown up to 30" or 40". So while you can (my dad uses a 26" TV as a monitor at his desk) you will not have the sharp clarity for general text reading if you use a TV larger than your typical monitor.

·
Old ain't dead
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff78 View Post
Yes, you can. The large issue with using a TV as a monitor will be resolution. TVs come optimized for the 1080p standard. Monitors that use this resolution are also very common, but the size difference is the problem. Imagine having the same resolution as you might find on a 24" monitor blown up to 30" or 40". So while you can (my dad uses a 26" TV as a monitor at his desk) you will not have the sharp clarity for general text reading if you use a TV larger than your typical monitor.
Thats odd, even though they are the same resolution?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts