Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use my DT880s when I game as well as a desktop mic. The desktop mic has been fine until recently, so it is now time for a new one!

$25 budget.

I know the "Zalman clip on mic" has been referred over and over and over, but is this really a great option? I understand it is cheap, but I hear that it picks up a lot of background noise because it has to be very sensitive to catch your voice, as it is not where a traditional headset mic would be.

Just looking for options, thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was under the same circumstances as you. I was looking for a boom mic, specifically the labtech 7330(http://www.head-fi.org/t/446329/fragtalitys-audio-technica-ad700-boom-mic-mod), but i couldnt find it in stock due to it being discontinued. So i settled on buying the zalman clip on mic. While it stays on my ath ad700, it isnt necessarily near my mouth, rather its far from it, and i have to hold it whenever i need to talk. The quality of the mic is alright. Its audible, but its not crystal clear. I dont have that much background noise though.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
If your like me and you use a xbox 360 controller just get the headset for the xbox and plug it into the controller
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts