Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
I'm looking for a new case, a nice new one for Christmas. I currently am using the CM690 and it is a great case. Lately however, I have found it to be a little small for the things I'm using and in the future I am thinking about watercooling. So heres the criteria:
-Side Panel Window
-Preferably has a space to put a radiator with no or minor modding
-Preferably bottom mount PSU
-Looking for a more quiet case as my 690 now is really noisy as I have put high CFM fans throughout the whole thing
-Full Tower
Any suggestions are welcome and are rewarded with rep!

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Coolermaster Cosmos S fits the bill I think.

It can hold a Black Ice GTX 360mm rad with a push-pull setup with 25mm fans.

Window mod is easy as piece because the panel already has a window shape cut into it.

It has the bottom mounted PSU.

It's a full tower.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The Antec 1200 seeems to fit all those criterias. The Cosmos 2 would do aswell

If you like the Thermaltake Armour series you could also buy those cause they will also do what you need. not sure bout the bottom mount psu though

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus000 View Post
Coolermaster Cosmos S fits the bill I think.

It can hold a Black Ice GTX 360mm rad with a push-pull setup with 25mm fans.

Window mod is easy as piece because the panel already has a window shape cut into it.

It has the bottom mounted PSU.

It's a full tower.
Marcus Marcus Marcus...the TJ07-BW fits all his criteria perfectly
Why mod what's already there?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
CosmosS is good, antec 1200 even better with a little gaming spirit and TJ07 is just amazing

• Rep+
Reactions: codymackay

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Antec 1200 ;D

• Rep+
Reactions: codymackay

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
my vote goes TJ07, I just did this research as I wanted basically the same thing you do. Big full tower, window, potential for watercooling, and most of all for me, expandability and quality. The TJ07 may be pricey but its easily the best case for what you have described IMO.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies. I like the suggestions, but which out of all those would be the quietest, cos i don't have alot of space and the computer is really close to me so i would like a quiet one.

EDIT: I gave u all rep

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
you could take a look at the Coolermaster HAF 932... has a window, made for water cooling, and has excellent air flow with low rpm fans... and has a bottom mounted PSU

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mm the HAF's windows aren't really what I'm looking for. Also the HAF does not have any dust filters which raises some questions.

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
I guess it really comes down to your budget. There are quite a few cases that meet most, if not all of your criteria, as some have listed earlier. If budget isn't a huge concern then the Cosmos or TJ07 would be good. Obviously I'm biased toward the TJ07 but I still love the looks of the cosmo. I'll do to you what other did to me when I was looking for a good watercooling case....

http://www.overclock.net/cyberdruidp...-s-temjin.html

Watercooled TJ07

This was all it took for me, I was sold.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
woah.. that thing is sick. Now i might swing my vote to that beauty (tj07) just wondering how do u fit the 480 down the bottom on its side?

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
apparently it just fits down there. The case is long enough for it to just lay on its side down there. Easy enough to come up with some mounting solutions I guess. As tempting as getting that big bad gtx480 rad, I just bought up a descent 320 radiator because the 480 is so expensive. $140 for the 480 by it self. I got my radiator, fans, tubing, fittings, and a reservoir for a bit over $100, so you can see the issue there. I'll get some of my goodies in soon and snap some pics and post them up if your interested in how a 320 fits in to the TJ07, I should have plenty of room to spare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts