Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and some friends were looking for a new MMO to play. I haven't played WoW in a year and half, but some of my friends still do but they're really bored of it. Overall, we'd like to have a fairly strong PvE oriented game, but still have an option for some PvP if we want to.

·
Banned
4,874 Posts
Runescape - #1 free RPG online

If you can get past the bad graphics at times, it's actually a VERY decent game.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenthos
View Post

There is a website made just for that.

Here.

Clue: It's the first link.

I was looking for more a suggestion from someone who is currently playing the game.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Personally I cannot get away from Age of Conan. There's pvp mini-games on every server including the PvE ones. The graphics would be very nice on your system too.

I would also recommend Fallen Earth if you want to get away from the generic fantasy MMO with Elves and crap.

Dungeons & Dragons Online is a good free one, with tolerable graphics. Not exactly sure if there's PvP however.

Dark Age of Camelot is a GREAT MMO with PvE/PvP and is starting to make a revival (3200~ online right now on one server). There might not be a ton of people doing PvE anymore however there are some. The PvP is the best I've experienced in any MMO.

A few servers on Star Wars Galaxies is still kickin' it too.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) has some incredible PvE content.

I absolutely love the game and think it's amazing. The story content is just great, and this is a game that focuses on PvE, which I love. It has PvP, it is just sub-par to other mmos out there.

One last note, I honestly feel like I am in the LOTR universe when I play this game. It's so cool, and it's really, really good.

PM me your email if you want a free trial, in fact, PM the emails of all your friends who want to play, and I'll send them trials and you guys can try it out for yourself.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lineage II

Great PVP, PVE and leveling system!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
eve online

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
If you want major pve, and seldom pvp, choose Age of Conan.

Levels 1-25 in the begining of hte game is free, on an unlimited trial. You also have an option to DL only those levels so it won't take so long for you to start playing the game.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What ever you choose to play, DONT PLAY AION... It is a f-ing grind fest to level and all the pvp are super slow actions. I tried it on a private server and I was so happy that I didn't spend a dime on that game.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Warhammer is not too shabby either and levels 1-10 are free to play forever. It's only $15 to buy and you get a mth free with that.

LOTRO is also a great game too.

·
Registered
791 Posts
EvE and this is just my opinion has a REALLY steep learning curve. It's not a typical mmo so coming from WoW you may have to learn a bit from it and it's all from your space craft you do not actually have a character to control.

I think it was a great game, if you decide to do it though just read on it first.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
DAoC is the best MMO of all time for pvp too bad its just dated and old. if only they would make a new one since warhammer brought the suck.

its still active and i play daily so if you need help just pm me here if you wanna try it out.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Keep an eye on All Points Bulletin, it's upcoming, and it looks fun. I'm a little concerned with the lack of a crafting system.. but they have other means in the form of deep customization to partially IMO feed that need. The title is currently in closed beta but there is an open beta planned.

Visit http://www.apb.com AND http://www.youtube.com/apbforum

BTW, there is no planned monthly subscription.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts