Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and find it difficult to find a case that meets my criteria. I want very clean, black, look on the exterior. I don't want any windows or fan holes or anything. The closest I've been able to find is the Lian-Li PC-A71F, but the top door kind of ruins it. Said case is also at the top of my budget.

EDIT: I even plan on using a USB optical drive with my new build. I also don't plan on trying to break any overclocking records, so there won't be much heat.
1 GTX 460, Phenom x6 1055T, CM V6GT or H50, ASUS Crosshair IV. I think it'll be a sexy build lol

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
This is a great little case. The PC-B10 is about as clean as it gets. It does have a very small door on top for usb and headphones. Almost impossible to find a case without something like that now, either on top, or in front.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already looked at the P180 and P190 series Antec's, but didn't quite like what I saw.
If you look at my siggy, you'll see I already have a Whisper lol
I'll look at the PC-B10; Am I correct to say it's got a clean top too? I can't find any pictures of the top of the case.. Which I'm beginning to realize is quite hard for any case lol

·
48" Mousepad Extremist
1,014 Posts
Yeah if the shipping doesn't kill you, look at the Fractal Define R3.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Silverstone ft02 has that ugly external USB door and fan grill on the top of the case, sorry; Fractal Desaign R2/R3 have side fans. I really think the closest things to what I'm looking for are from Lian-Li, the PC-B10 and A71F are my top choices right now.
Thanks, again

Also, the 600t has those handles and the dial and all that nonsense lol

EDIT: I don't mind idling a little high. I idle between 35 and 40c right now and I'm ok with it. My PWM fans have a very aggressive acceleration ratio above 48c - I pretty much go from max low speed to full bore in 8-9c.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Good luck cooling it then. The fan grills are there for a reason.

I had a case like the one you're suggesting. No fan grills, just a solid chunk of steel with a rear 120mm fan. It was an oven. You aren't going to get anything resembling a decent overclock in a case like that. You're temps are probably going to be 10c higher than normal.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post
The Silverstone ft02 has that ugly external USB door and fan grill on the top of the case, sorry; Fractal Desaign R2/R3 have side fans. I really think the closest things to what I'm looking for are from Lian-Li, the PC-B10 and A71F are my top choices right now.
Thanks, again

Also, the 600t has those handles and the dial and all that nonsense lol
Get the PC-A71F. Great case and it can cool well too, not that you need more than it's stock cooling.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

I also don't plan on trying to break any overclocking records, so there won't be much heat.
I have a NZXT Whisper right now and I'm certain any Lian-Li cools better than this thing.

Also, could anyone tell me why the A71F costs less than the B10? Isn't the B10 a mid-tower and the A71F a full tower?

·
48" Mousepad Extremist
1,014 Posts
Quote:

I have a NZXT Whisper right now and I'm certain any Lian-Li cools better than this thing.

Also, could anyone tell me why the A71F costs less than the B10? Isn't the B10 a mid-tower and the A71F a full tower?
No idea. Usually the PC-B series denotes hotswappable hard drive bays, but it doesn't have any.

Honestly I recommend this case, it is ridiculously beautiful and clean:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=21766

If you don't like the blue light, you can keep it unplugged and paint over it easily.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts