Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have been looking around for an appropriate sound card for my system. I am currently using onboard sound coming from my Asus p6t deluxe v2 and logitech z-5500's (i know not the best speakers but they do the job) via analog.

I am an occasional gamer nothing serious but mainly watch movies and listen to music. I would prefer a card that is good at all these, but mainly the quality in music is important to me.

I would also like to be able to take advantage of the DTS feature that my speakers have to offer.

I am new to this and this and have never had a sound card before and don’t really know how they work or how much better they would be compared to my onboard sound.

I have been looking at these cards
Auzentech x-fi bravura
Auzentech x-plosion
Creative X-fi titanium fatal1ty pro

Also i only have a pcie slot left.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sound_Blaster X-Fi

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
DTS is like a home theater system feature, and i'm not really sure of what it provides, but it is definitely for movies, not music iirc.

If you want great home theater features, the only way to go is ht|omega. However, if you figure out you don't really need dts, I would suggest getting my sound card, the asus xonar dx. It excels at every area and for a pretty good price. The only downside is that you will have to use the floppy to molex adapter they give you to provide power to the card.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses, i had a look at the Asus DX card and also saw the D2X and wondered if that would be a better card, price doesnt worry me.

Thanks for explaining what DTS is, i didnt really know up until now.

I plan to some time in the future to get a blu-ray drive and watch blu-ray movies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts