Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on the Bloodrage ever since I had the ability to switch to i7, because of the included sound card, aftermarket WC, and incredibly sexy design
. I've heard that the GTI version will have all aftermarket cooling removed (My beloved WC) Is this true? Anyway, the GB GA-EX58 Extreme is the only other motherboard with WC pre-installed, but I despise the colors and it is a little over my budget.
I guess this topic boils down to a few questions now.
I'm looking at the Asus P6T Deluxe, does anyone have any other good motherboard options that are visually pleasing?
What is the difference between the Asus P6T Deluxe and the Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm? Besides the $40?
And also, could someone link me to a chipset cooler that would fit on the Asus P6T Deluxe?

Finally, is there any other X58 motherboard that comes with an add-on sound card?

So much text. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love my MSI eclipse x58. It runs really good for me. I have my 920 i7 Overclocked at 3.6 with no problems. The BIOS are easy to work with for overclocking. Not as extensive as others but most I have seen is BIOS with 965 EE so many more options to user, 920 and 940 limit some of those. The Mobo has a nice design, 3 way sli, or hexa-crossfire, which is killer if you wanted 3 4870x2's
It comes with sound card and a little led thingy to give diagnostics. I like the board and it is not a 400 USD board, but it seems like a really high end, close to asus ramapge. I like it for my i7 build now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to get the MSI Eclipse, although it's a little out of my budget

If I was going to end up spending 350+ I'd go with the rampage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
coming from someone who just ordered parts for a new rig. I can only tell you one thing...

Splurge on the MB its really the only thing I dont see many "deals" on compared to the cpu and RAM ( I got my 920 for $230 and my 6 gigs of RAM for $100) But I went all out on the MB... TBH any of the $270-$300 boards are all pretty much alike go for the one that suits you best.

I scored a Bloodrage but that might not be the board for you (love at first sight for me)

GOOD LUCK on you're build!

I researched my build for about 2 months and waited and waited for deals to come around here and there and it didnt hurt my wallet too bad at all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts