Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you keyboard fanatics.

i have worn through the plasic on my G15, and its really near its end of life, and im thinking about upgrading. I saw the G710+ at a local store, and im wondering what your guys thoughts on it are.

As far as i can tell, it appears to have some nice features such as a volume switch, 100% mechanical keys (except for 3-4 buttons), individual backlights, Cherry MX Brown

Anyone have experience with this keyboard? any advice on if there is a better board out there?

thanks

Corhen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,765 Posts
That keyboard is a win.

You should grab one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I have the 710+ and the Durandal G1NL and like them both for different reasons. What I especially like about the 710 is the lighting system. Very controllable, from just lit to blinding with enough steps and separation of the WASD & arrows lights. The standard O-Rings really make it quiet for such a keyboard. The dedicated media keys and volume wheel are great. Weight is good I like the Browns. Like I've posted elsewhere Amazon still has it, on backorder for $100 if you're patient.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009C98NPY/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Look on the list at the right.

Oh yeah, I'd like to shoot the jerk who made the orange choice. Why not match the gray of the WASD keys for that trim piece? Argh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link.. im in canada so its on sale for 135.99...

i had Bestbuy pricematch it to the Canadian price, and am currently using a nice loud keyboard!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corhen View Post

Thanks for the link.. im in canada so its on sale for 135.99...

i had Bestbuy pricematch it to the Canadian price, and am currently using a nice loud keyboard!
Price match which price?
I'm in the same boat,looking to get that keyboard. But nothing as cheap as the 100$ linked
frown.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
I have been looking to buy this keyboard as well, however one thing is holding me back...

There are A LOT of negative reviews on the keyboard based on the backlighting. Many people are saying lights are dying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habicabi View Post

I have been looking to buy this keyboard as well, however one thing is holding me back...

There are A LOT of negative reviews on the keyboard based on the backlighting. Many people are saying lights are dying.
yea most of them were from Newegg. I saw those too but went ahead and got it anyway thinking its a bad batch from Newegg. Got mine from Futureshop in Toronto pricematched to a sale Canada Computers was having. Not as good as the $100 sale in US but for CA$125 it's the lowest in these parts..

Had mine for over a month now and no problems with it. Most of the led problems seem to occur within the first 2 weeks so hoping I'm in the clear
biggrin.gif
.

Also the nice thing about Canada Computers is that they have a bunch of mechanical keyboards on display from Das, Razer, CM, Gigabyte and few others I can't remember for people to try out. I was able to try black, red, blue and brown switches from various makes and models..finally settled on a brown switch. So if anyone's near the Toronto area and want to try out some different switches to get a feel for it head on over to CanadaComputers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
If anyone lives in the U.S. the G710+ is on sale online at Best Buys for $99 now only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuroM View Post

yea most of them were from Newegg. I saw those too but went ahead and got it anyway thinking its a bad batch from Newegg. Got mine from Futureshop in Toronto pricematched to a sale Canada Computers was having. Not as good as the $100 sale in US but for CA$125 it's the lowest in these parts..

Had mine for over a month now and no problems with it. Most of the led problems seem to occur within the first 2 weeks so hoping I'm in the clear
biggrin.gif
.

Also the nice thing about Canada Computers is that they have a bunch of mechanical keyboards on display from Das, Razer, CM, Gigabyte and few others I can't remember for people to try out. I was able to try black, red, blue and brown switches from various makes and models..finally settled on a brown switch. So if anyone's near the Toronto area and want to try out some different switches to get a feel for it head on over to CanadaComputers.
Wish I had somewhere to test them in Quebec city
frown.gif

Not sure if my local FS\BB have them in display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyx24 View Post

If anyone lives in the U.S. the G710+ is on sale online at Best Buys for $99 now only.
Gimme!
Closest is 130$ here in Canada:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I used to own a CM trigger MX brown; it was my first mechanical keyboard, but there were a few things that I didn't like about it. In short, I returned it and went back to one of the numerous rubber dome keyboards that I had lying around. I just ordered a G710+ and hopefully it'll arrive early next week. The G710+ looks like it fits my bill perfectly.

-Full size? Check.
-Full Backlit? Check.
-True dedicated media keys (none of that Fn+)? Check.
-MX Browns? Check.
-Reputable company? Check.
-<$100? Checkmate.

Macros and other features are just icing. Obviously, I am looking forward to this keyboard.
smile.gif
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top