Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

Im in need of a cheap (<£50) small 'standard' ATX case.

Preferably less than 40cm/400mm/15.75inch in height. 25cm/250mm/10inch wide. Depth doesnt really matter much.

Needs room for a 160mm heatsink (NH-D14) and a average length GPU (660ti) 22cm/8.5inch.

HDD/SSD support not important, PSU location not important.

Prefer no side window.

This is going to be used in a workshop so asthetics matter not.

These are the best i've found so far:

LianLI PC-A05FNB (to expensive)
Raijintech Thetis (to expensive)
Riotoro CR1080 (not enough cpu cooler height)

All recommendations appreciated.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,834 Posts
Your CPU cooler height requirement is gonna kill pretty much anything other than basically normal size tower cases.

A buddy built in the Riotoro CR1080 recently. I think it's kinda ugly but it's a neat case. Sucks it won't meet your CPU cooler requirement :eek:

The Thermaltake Core G3 is kinda cool too, but also doesn't meet your CPU cooler requirement.

The CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO would work but it takes up more desk space than a normal ATX tower if that's what you're trying to avoid. It's not as tall though.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the only reason im using the Nh-D14 is becouse i have one spare, my old one b4 i went to a custom loop.

Kinda catch 22, if i choose a case that fits the cooler, its hard to find one within a budget.
if i choose a case within budget, it cant fit the cooler and ill have to buy one.

Hence why im asking around now, maybe there is some obscure case/manufacturer that i have yet to find :p

Those ones u mentioend iv looked at, and b4 i checked cooler compatability the Riotoro CR1080 looked like a good choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts