Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Tappy tap tap
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD555's, but they aren't bassy enough for me and I also need closed cups as the girlfriend isn't fond of the open ones.

Price range: $0 - $200 would prefer around $100.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
M50s are just wonderful and will give you that bass you are looking for and then some. Take note, its closed but your ears will get quite hot, as per other closed cans.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Amazon.com: Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Earphones (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Earphones (Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Ultrasone DJ1 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones: Electronics Amazon.com: Ultrasone DJ1 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO Headphones: Electronics Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO Headphones: Electronics
just giving you a few more options (i own the m50s as well and love them). these are also often recommended headphones after the ath-m50s. a couple of these headphones sound much better after amping, even better than the m50s, so if you're planning on going that route, i'd look into a few of these. otherwise, it really is personal preference, so you may want to head to your nearest guitar center or whatever's available and audition them yourself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikezilla
View Post

What's the difference between the ATH-M50 and the ATH-M50S?

coiled cable vs straight cable(S). former saves space. latter looks better in public (better does not mean okay. i'd never wear mine outside)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Love my ATH-M50's (coiled cable). I'm happy I went with the coiled because there's a lot of cable!

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Depends if you're buying new or used.

I've seen some Ultrasone Pro 750s go for under 200 and definitely the Pro 650s.

The Sennheisier HD 25-1's may not be a bad idea neither. They isolate well, have good bass, under 200, portable if you needed that. Just don't get the SP version.

If you like the general sound of the Sennheiser HD555s, you could also look for the A900s, those are closed, great isolation, decent bass.

And of course the 32 ohm DT770s since I don't think you have an amp. You could probably get the 80 ohm version and be just fine too. More bass in the 80 ohm version.

·
Tappy tap tap
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking into an amp. The thing with the HD555's that I LOVE is how they fit around my ears.

·
Tappy tap tap
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca;15356818
I can tell you more than I can fill a post with, so either narrow down what you want to know or check the links in my sig.
*click click click*

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Chiba;15355811
Amazon.com: Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Earphones (Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Ultrasone DJ1 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO Headphones: Electronics

just giving you a few more options (i own the m50s as well and love them). these are also often recommended headphones after the ath-m50s. a couple of these headphones sound much better after amping, even better than the m50s, so if you're planning on going that route, i'd look into a few of these. otherwise, it really is personal preference, so you may want to head to your nearest guitar center or whatever's available and audition them yourself.
Basshead headphones right there. I think there are some berys that are at 80 impedance. The pro lines. I would look into those.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The only downside I see to the M50s is if you have a larger head, they tend to squeeze quite a bit. I usually have a sore head/ears after a few hours. But they isolate great and sound very good indeed.

then i put on the senn 580s and i can barely feel them.

·
Tappy tap tap
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicPC;15363566
I think the guys forgot to ask if you plan to use the headphones for gaming, cause you'll need a decent soundstage.
For gaming I'm wearing my G930 headset. These headphones are for any and all media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wupah;15363618
The only downside I see to the M50s is if you have a larger head, they tend to squeeze quite a bit. I usually have a sore head/ears after a few hours. But they isolate great and sound very good indeed.

then i put on the senn 580s and i can barely feel them.
My head is HUGE.
frown.gif
QQ

·
Registered
818 Posts
Razer Megalodon, holy crap they're amazing. They have their own sound card, some of the best noise-cancelling headphones I've EVER heard, and for the price (<200) the best. 7.1 surround supported too, and done really well. NC mic also, super high quality.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts