Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I am looking for decent case fans which can switch between colours like the discontinued Enermax T.B. Vegas Trio's. They do not have to be full blown customizable RGB, but should at least be able to switch between the primary colours Red, Green and Blue like the Enermax T.B. Vegas Trio's. I know the Enermax T.B. Vegas Quad model replaced these and introduced white LEDs in the mix, however from online videos I looked at, it doesn't seem one can switch through individual colours as with the "Trio", only lighting effects (correct me if I am wrong here please).

I know Thermaltake recently released their Riing RGB fans, however they are (A.) meant for radiators (high static pressure) and (B.) only light up in a ring and not all the fan blades as I want something really bright.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards,
CTV

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,665 Posts
According to the spec sheet, the quad is switchable between blue, green, red and white.

And I'm not sure the Riing fans are "meant" for anything. They only thing they seem to do well is light up.

Edit - it appears you are correct and that the spec sheet is worded oddly. It seems the Quad only changes effects with all four colors going simultaneously.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

According to the spec sheet, the quad is switchable between blue, green, red and white.

And I'm not sure the Riing fans are "meant" for anything. They only thing they seem to do well is light up.

Edit - it appears you are correct and that the spec sheet is worded oddly. It seems the Quad only changes effects with all four colors going simultaneously.
A bit of a dilemma...

Currently I want to go green (though I would love to future proof, hence my original request). I can't even find decent green LED fans. I personally don't like the whole smoked blade and/or frame look as it dulls the vibrancy of the colors emitted

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTV View Post

A bit of a dilemma...

Currently I want to go green (though I would love to future proof, hence my original request). I can't even find decent green LED fans. I personally don't like the whole smoked blade and/or frame look as it dulls the vibrancy of the colors emitted
How about green Cougar CFD? Good fans - http://www.cougargaming.com/products/fans/cfd_green_led_fan/

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

How about green Cougar CFD? Good fans - http://www.cougargaming.com/products/fans/cfd_green_led_fan/
I did actually look at Cougar fans yes and kinda like them too. I am a bit confused with the branding of the model. On their website they refer to "CFD" series, while other online resources speak of "Dual-X", yet the look nearly identical (if not identical). What is the deal with that?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,665 Posts
It appears the Dual-X was discontinued and replaced by the CFD. I could be wrong, but that is what it appears to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts