Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to upgrade my pc to intel 8th generation cpu. I am looking for a new easy to install water cooling system? is there any intel push pin system all in one water cooler that does not require mother removal? or any ones that does not need attach plate on back of motherboard?

any suggestions?

·
New001
2,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser1 View Post

I plan to upgrade my pc to intel 8th generation cpu. I am looking for a new easy to install water cooling system? is there any intel push pin system all in one water cooler that does not require mother removal? or any ones that does not need attach plate on back of motherboard?

any suggestions?
If you aren't keen to remove your motherboard (which is ususally quite simple .... disconnecting a few cables and removing ~8 screws), might be a good idea to take the system your local pc shop and ask them to install an AIO cpu cooler for you.
That's as close you can get to "easy install" water cooling, but there isn't much point, might be better off getting a decent air cooler, which you will probably still have to remove your motherboard to install.

edit: and the AIO isn't going to look all fancy like custom water cooling loops you see on this forum, if that's what you are going for.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Depending on the case, sometimes there is a window on the motherboard tray, that let's you access the back of the CPU socket without removal. I think my last 4-5 cases have it. So it may not be an issue even if you have to screw something in to hold the block down for a custom loop. You can pull off the side of the your case (the side behind the movie) and check before you let that affect your purchase decision

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser1 View Post

any suggestions?
Depending on your case, if your motherboard tray is open back like all of the Corsair models, you can easily install a Corsair AIO cooler in a matter of minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts