Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in flashing my current Palit GeForce GTX 470 with dual fan into one of those awesome cards. I would be very grateful to have these following BIOS's, so if someone has one of these below cards can you dump its original BIOS?

Wanted Original BIOS Files...
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition
- Zotac GeForce GTX 470 AMP! Overclocked Edition
- Gainward GeForce 470 GTX Golden Sample Edition

Thanks in advance, and actually currently I just flashed mine into Super Overclock version and as such I have attached that BIOS on this post. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
why don't you just use your own bios and config it yourself with NiBiTor.
not like you are going to get a better card or something.

well anyway for your interest i salute you

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
I would use software to test for stability before flashing an OC'd BIOS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just love being a bios collector...those great cards out there(non-reference cards) are killing me..
BTW if we flash our original card into those bios with higher clocked speed,i think we should have more headroom to OC it,m i right?

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
No you won't have any extra headroom. You would be able to adjust max voltages so you can set it higher, but other than that, what your card can clock to is what it can clock to. Your GPU or memory isn't going to magically be able to clock higher than it normally would with software. If your card can only do 800MHz core at a certain temp and a certain voltage, that's all it can do, whether you mod the BIOS, flash a different BIOS, or use software to adjust the frequency.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ic...thanks for ur advice,anyway,i couldnt oc my 470GTX more than 850MHZ with 1.187V,how did u manage to oc it till 900MHZ?i m jz curious abt it..anything that goes higher than 850MHZ will show lots of artifacts in MSI kombuster
r u using EVGA stock version?

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-SlayerTheOne
View Post

ic...thanks for ur advice,anyway,i couldnt oc my 470GTX more than 850MHZ with 1.187V,how did u manage to oc it till 900MHZ?i m jz curious abt it..anything that goes higher than 850MHZ will show lots of artifacts in MSI kombuster
r u using EVGA stock version?

My 470 is on water, so it idles at 33*C and loads at 45*C. A cooler running chip is a more stable chip that can run higher frequencies. On stock air I was loading between 75-80*C and could only get to 800MHz core.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ic...cool...actually i m kindda regret of getting the stock version of 470GTX that early..
should wait till the better non-reference version 470GTX is released only get it..that's why i m so obsessed in getting those BIOS..hopefully someone out there is willing to share them with me..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts