Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as much as i want the Swan M200MKIII i cant afford them i need another $100 so i have been looking at the m50 but the sub wont fit under my desk (too tall will hit a wooden board) i even considered the much cheaper A2s as they will sound heaps better then what i have at the moment. the speakers i have currently are very bad they are 2.1 13rms Logitechs and i end up using my Sennheiser headset a lot because they sound bad.

One of the main things that interested me about the m200mkiii was the near field audio i wont have to worry about annoying people in the next room as much with them. maybe i should go for the m200mkii?

I was hoping to see some prices drop after christmas but the website with the m200mkiii has been the same price for about 7 months now >.> http://www.myav.com.au/epages/mymy7204.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/didi6439/Products/0024

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow the price for the MKIIIs are quite steep in australia. I recall seeing them retailing on the North American site theaudioinsider for USD399. I'm not sure if they do international shipping though. You could check them out!

How about the Audioengine 5 or 5+? How much do they retail for in Australia?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i know audio insider has them for 100 less but they do not offer shipping to Australia >.> i just bought the m50w as i couldn't be bothered comparing speakers any more then i have been for the past 4+ months. The audio engine a5+ are about $420 ($30 more then the a5s) including shipping but i am not a fan of the a5s and while the a5+ added a heat sink they also a remote control which doesn't interest me at all as i will be using as desktop speakers and nothing else. i don't mind the A2s but the choice to put the volume knob on the back would become annoying

they were $325 (special) and $10 shipping. not sure how much i like the volume control i would prefer all three knobs on a satellite then having the bass on the back of the sub and no treble control. im going to have to grab my jigsaw and cut away to make room for the sub though there is a wood on the back of my desk that goes down pretty low. I was considering the D1080s but made the change to the m50w at the last second.

I do have a question though, when i want to change the bass volume does software cut it or will i have to go under my desk every time? The creative drivers has a bass control which is why i ask. but i don't want to make the satellites sound bassy when it should be left to the sub.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
Buy Passive Speakers + Amp +Subwoofer or replace the amp with a receiver.

Try to buy locally on your cheapo products website (craigslist in america). You can find a lot of speakers and receivers on there.

Likewise, if you want active speakers, finding a pair of BX5A's or KRK Rokit 8s shouldn't be too hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts